What happened with this rom?

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I remember my first rom I installed was liberty. And it seemed like no other roms compared. And when a new update came out in the donate version it would be released to the public soon after. I just feel like you are forced to pay for it or your left outdated. I don't want to bash liberty but I just don't like the direction it is going. Am I the only one?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't like how ROM Toolbox Pro doesn't work right. I paid the $$ for it...

CM74DX

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Same here I bought it and it didn't install I asked for a refund and it didn't there goes six dollars included the overseas charge

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here I bought it and it didn't install I asked for a refund and it didn't there goes six dollars included the overseas charge

That definitely sucks...

CM74DX

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
I know jrummy its nothing personal just I am a developer and I believe in open source and having a donate completely seperate that does not unlock something it is just a pure donation but that is my stance. I am not a Dev to make money I just do it to help people out.

Tiburon

Reaction score
Does anyone realize the amount of time that Jared and the Liberty team put into this project? Look at the bug fixes. For that matter, look at the number of releases they've put out. Then think about the number of man hours it takes to put something like this together.

If Team Liberty made ANY mistakes, IMHO it was spreading themselves out with Justice ROM, ROM Toolbox, and kind of back-burnering Liberty, but considering the 2nd-init stuff that's been going on, these guys must have been chomping at the bit after cvpcs' success in porting CM7 to the DX/D2.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I agree. Donations should be completely optional. I had the paid toolbox when I had an X, but it is on another account now, and it the rom itself feels crippled unless you pay for it with the features they have removed and made pay only such as changing of fonts. Started out good, but the developers got greedy, imo.

natedogg11

Reaction score
And it seems like there was a new GB Beta every other day and I assumed an official 1.0 would be out by now. While they started off great on GB, it seems they have stalled and everyone's focus is CM7 (or similar) ROM.

OP
WilfulHippo

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Moved on from liberty now and started to use my own rom. I think it is better that way

chaos254

Reaction score
I hope to see another release of liberty. I'm currently flashing back to a .596 rom and debating between liberty .09, which is what I used to be on, shuji and darkslide x). I can't stand the battery life on the 2nd init roms.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I have the same frustrations with liberty. It was great but now its lackin. I want to tryout cm7 but don't want to go thru all the sbf and all.

bodean

Reaction score
Seems like development is at a stand still. No good, might have to look at finding another rom that is being updated on a frequent basis.
:icon_evil:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same frustrations with liberty. It was great but now its lackin. I want to tryout cm7 but don't want to go thru all the sbf and all.

You can use ChevyNo1's prep zip to get on CM7 without sbf or buy the TBH app and use that. The TBH app is awesome.

random rom'd X