1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

what happened to the thread on how to change M logo?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bishop7262, Feb 26, 2010.

1. bishop7262

bishop7262 New Member

I was looking at changing my M logo but the thread has apparently been deleted. Anyone have the step by step method on how to do it?
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

It appears it is gone.

I searched for daxter.
    I searched for spiderman

I know those words existed in the message thread when I read through it earlier.
    superman was in there too....no sign of it.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The OP of the Post did not like that we do not allow Donations to be asked for or to post links for people to donate.
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

ahh, that explains it, thanks. Took his toys and went home did he?:)

It was a cool hack.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

He'll be over at the other site. May be already.

-Mike
  6. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 New Member

7. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

Good move mods... I don't agree with people trying to make money from your vistors and members here.
  8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah there is already all kinds of threads on this over at alldroid....I saw like 2 or 3 already at least
  9. 19DroidRage84

19DroidRage84 New Member

yeah there is but this is the first with easy to follow instructions. Also I posted on page 8 how to use photoshop to use any picture that you want.
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Really? There are supporting vendors here who don't misss a chance to try and make money from visitors and members. This site is sponsored by companies who post ads on the top and bottom of each screen, hoping to make money off visitors and members here.

The dude who got run off from here made two boot screens for me and never asked for a dime.

-Mike
  11. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

yea I really don't see what the difference is with someone allowing you, not asking, but simply allowing you to make donations if you so choose. I see the mikradle (nothing personal, just remembered seeing thread recently on it) people selling their product and soliciting on here all the time as well as seidio and app developers. He did something nice for a couple of us and created custom images and didn't ask for anything in return. I'm just confused as to why some services rendered must be free while others are allowed to seek payment.
  12. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

all the instructions should be in the first post of the alldroid thread... I would be happy to help anybody if there are questions. It's actually VERY simple

I don't see an issue with having a donate link. It takes a lot of time and effort to figure a lot of this stuff out
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

pyro....how did it go for you? I have loaded a couple different boot logos, but haven't found one I like enought to keep yet. I have one more on "order" that I will try in the morning after it gets made for me.

-Mike
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  14. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Because droidforums doesn't get anything (i.e. a cut) from donations made to developers....

I agree. You should have noted that as of recent only 'supporting vendors' are allow to have threads for their products. I know at least one product (a very nice dock) thread has been completely deleted because the maker did not wish to become a 'supported vendor'. Lets see if we get pegged for these comments (or if this will be my last post:wink:):icon_ devil::icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  15. rod

rod New Member

i have to say good for the mods for looking out for the owner of this site.

i have a business, and in no way would i ever dream of promoting my business on someone elses dime. you want to advertise a way for you to make money, that cost money. heres an idea, climb on of those billboards in your home town and plaster your business information all over it. lets see if a little "cleanup" is all that happens.
  16. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

I had posted a video in the old thread, but it didn't really do it any justice. I'm very happy, it's not going anywhere for a long time, if ever.

and to rod, in all fairness, he wasn't actually promoting any sort of business. He actually just did favors for some of us and created custom boot logos without asking for anything in return. He did however have a signature that had a link where you could donate if you chose to. Other people promote on here all of the time, even people that aren't supported vendors. Developers and the like solicit on here all the time.
  17. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Right on. Which one did you end up with? I tried Bad Robot, Steelers (I requested that one), blue Superman, and Spiderman. None of them really grew on me. I am waiting for my latest request to get sent back to me.

Until then, I'll just stay in the factory config and unrooted. When I find one I want, I'll go ahead and root again and get back in the game. :D

-Mike
  18. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

i went with the spiderman one followed by blue matrix code

The only way it would be better is if the spiderman image could take up the entire screen, but I think that would make the file too large. But if that could be done i'd be all over it
  19. cystic

cystic New Member

yea he made one for me too, he does good work. its not like he was charging... the link is there if someone wants to reciprocate for the time he put in to making these.
  20. stlcity

stlcity New Member

Brandon,Mike or Pyro could you guys post the instructions how to do it. The OP in alldroid thread is a little too technical for me. The thread here had simple instructions on how to do it. Was planning to work on it this weekend. Unfortunately the thread is gone....

Just when I thought that I had the droid where I want it here comes the next hack...:)
    Couple of questions though:

1. Back to stock right? Just need to install DMupdater and root?
    2. Once rooted could use the nandroid backup that I made to restore the phone the way it was before I started?
    3. Even though the phone goes back to stock all the data in SD card is not affected right?

Thanks guys.