What happened to the site?

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by esmier, Aug 8, 2010.

1. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys what happened to the droidmod site? i have read bits of someone releasing an early updater on the market for $20 but nothing else. whats going on?

2. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    That updater is still in beta it was released in there IRC Channel it was not ready & was not suppose to be released as it has been reported to do damage to the SD card ...

When ever they get project durden released is when I would expect to see the official release of the New & improved DMU Updater

3. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ah but the website and the IRC are both down. In the past when the site was down i could always log into the IRC. i guess they are just trying to fix up everything

4. lhwilson

lhwilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    going on 4th day of the site being down...

5. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1
    yah i know, i was hoping Camel or someone would post something saying that they are working on a new site or anything at least

6. serveitup911

serveitup911 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the easyroot guys stealing DroidMod's source & profiting from it was the last straw.

7. DoctorDeDroid

DoctorDeDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That may be but I seriously doubt anyone could make any money on something they "stole" when the guys who created it don't charge for it at all... so long as it's actually available of course.

8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Guys, I don't know what's going on with their site right now but stay tuned. That's all I can say for now. I don't think Droidmod is disappearing.

9. lhwilson

lhwilson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's my problem. I went w/Sholes/DroidMod way back when. Went there...stayed there...never changed because it worked pretty well. Now, I'm 2 versions of Android behind and I can't do anything about it. DMUpdater is bonked unusable because it says there's an update - that doesn't exist - and then it quits out. I used DroidMod because it was simple and I didn't want to mess with the craploads of ROMs out there. Now I feel abandoned. Can't get 2.2 because I don't have 2.1. It's miserable.

10. esmier

esmier Member

Ratings:
    +1

Yah i know how you feel. When they were originally planning durden i posted something on the forums about how it would be smart if they scrapped releasing it as 2.1 because by the time they get anywhere on durden at 2.1, 2.2 official would be out for a while, and everyone criticized me for it. Now look what happened, i almost was out except for Motorola pulling the update, now its promised to be out on the 18th. I just wish they would at least put up the home page saying "New updates coming" and nothing else. I feel abandoned as a droidmod user

11. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Droidmod was great when it came out, but they've been out of the loop for too long IMO. Unless they come out with something extraordinary soon, they will remain irrelevant. I hope that's not the case, but they need to at least inform the folks that are waiting on something concrete from them. For me, and I think a lot of other folks, it's way too late.

12. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    They have had issues like this in the past guys. Its a cheap (i.e. free) webhost that goes down periodically. Give them time and it will be back up. DM will be fine.

**and a note about their "relevance". DM still produces a lot of valuable stuff, they just haven't put a ROM out in some time. To the average user, their "relevance" may not be seen, but they actually continue to do a lot of work behind the scene while they get their source together. [mbm], Camel, sgx, trevorj, etc....they all are a wealth of information that other Dev's still go to with questions often enough. Point being don't count them out because you haven't seen a product.**