What happened to the Holy Grail OG Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Rento, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Rento

Rento New Member

Left about 5-6 months ago after I reflashed my Simply Stunning 5.5 and not only did ChevyNo1 stop deving on the OG Droid, but all the Custom rom topics have 0 new posts for around a month. I was expecting something new for the OG Droid, but it seems all is the same since I fell off the grid.

Where and what was so great to have the death of the OG droid?

I personally don't know of a phone worthy of taking my OG Droid's place yet... But then again, I have't kept up since I left here.

I guess the times have caught up to this, what was once, revolutionary device.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Unfortunately the only thing that happened to it is time. It's still the holy grail and the one that started it all, just many people have used their upgrades and moved on.

As far as new roms you could always check out the steel DROID section, he's been actively developing for it as far as I know.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
    Tapatalk 2_G-Nex
  3. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

Well since you left there have been numerous devices released on Verizon and the hardware on the D1 is so old that it could no longer be supported by the he newer OS, ICS.

As for Chevy he's still around but for the time being he has to take care of personal business. He's been out of commission for several months now.

The release of both the Rezound and Nexus has a lot of people jumping to those phones as they both have unlockable bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  4. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

Yeah there wasn't many of us left in the D1 section, and a few of us have since then gotten the nexus. The D1 just couldn't keep up anymore. Though I do highly highly recommend Steel Droid.
  5. Skrilax_CZ

Skrilax_CZ New Member

Actually, Motorola Milestone (Europe version of OG Droid) community still works.
  6. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

The Galaxy Nexus happened haha. I loved my OG but this phone is such a massive upgrade its crazy. However many of the familiar devs are here now on the GNex, we have Sourcery, Liquid, Steeldroid as well as Project Elite coming soon and even ChevyNo1 has been tinkering around with ICS a little in his free time.
  7. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

I still self cook for OG but won't release anything as its mainly a kang between a few roms. I moved on to the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums