What happened to sending ONLY a photo using Texting?

ARZ

Reaction score
About 3-4 months ago all of the messages I sent or received started to come in an MMS format, meaning they play like a short video/slide show of the photo(s).

I recall quite a while ago, if someone sent me a single photo, it showed up full size and I could click on it and zoom into it with no issues.

NOW, every time I get an image, it plays with a pause, FF, and RW button underneath it, like I need to pause a single photo. Actually the only thing I EVER need to do is zoom in and see the details of the image.

If someone sends text and a photo, the first few seconds are dedicated to the microscopic text I absolutely cant read unless I stop EVERYTHING I'm doing and focus really hard on that text, (yes, I need reading glasses). Dont laugh kids, AGEISM is the only form of bigotry everyone practices, but none seem to realize we will all be subjected to one day in our future. Back to topic...

If someone sends you multiple photos, I get the same worthless small image that plays like a slideshow. What I need to do is ZOOM IN!!! and see the details of the photo(s)

I recall when I used to get photos texted to me they were just a native image, If I clicked on it I could zoom in and see the details, NOW there is no way to zoom in on the stupid slideshow of any of the images, unless you hit "Settings" while you are playing the slideshow, then it takes multiple keystrokes to save the images then you have to go find them to zoom in on them.

What idiot thought this would be a better way to receive an image.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

pool_shark

Reaction score
When someone sends multiple pics they come as a slideshow. In order to view the pics as you want, just download them and view them in the gallery.
If a person sends you a single pic you should be able to view the pic as is, but if they send words along with the pic it shows as a slideshow.

This only occurs with the stock messaging app. Handcent and go sms do not behave this way.

OP
A

ARZ

Reaction score
Thanks, Ill try Go SMS. But Handsent is a POS, on a Note 2, try to use it in landscape mode and reply to their message. Many times you cant even read your own text you are typing at that moment.

Also I tried it here in the office with a few co-workers, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when and why you will send or recieve a text message that ONLY has an image. I just received one from a co-worker that was only an image and voila I could zoom in on it like I wanted. Then he sent an image with a short line of text and poop, it was a crappy small image I couldn't zoom in on.

Also when I SEND an IMAGE only, I want to make sure its something the recipient can zoom in and see the details of. This is VERY important for work related stuff. I cant believe there isn't a setting for me to FORCE it to be images ONLY so the recipient can zoom in on it.

Anyone else have an answer?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've given you the answer. If there is text with the image it shows as a slideshow. You can still zoom the image, but you have to save it first.

I have used handcent many times and I can see my text when replying and I only use landscape.

OP
A

ARZ

Reaction score
I've given you the answer. If there is text with the image it shows as a slideshow. You can still zoom the image, but you have to save it first.

I have used handcent many times and I can see my text when replying and I only use landscape.
This sentence in my first post clearly indicates I know what you restated above.
...NOW there is no way to zoom in on the stupid slideshow of any of the images, unless you hit "Settings" while you are playing the slideshow, then it takes multiple keystrokes to save the images then you have to go find them to zoom in on them.

What idiot EDIT:(programmer) thought this would be a better way to receive an image.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
BUT!!! There are at least 8 steps to get back to that image that is in the Slideshow.
1. Click settings, (twice if its still counting down from the stupid single slide, slideshow).
2. Click Save Attachment,
3. Click the image check box.
4. Click save.
5. Click the home button.
6. Click on your button gallery.
7. Click on the folder you want to see, I have many to organize many different tasks.
8. Click on the image.

Handsent has changed recently and it is better about not obstructing your text but in landscape you cant see the text you are replying too (at all), again need to respond to multiple customers about the same job and its imperative I see their text.

Plus Handsent fights with my stock Messenger (or that's what I am guessing) and does not notify me of a new message. I have tried EVERY combination of notification and for some reason I cant get Handsent to do anything in the way of notifying me properly, even the blue light has stopped working. FYI, I have been using Handsent exclusively, for my last 5 phones, (about 3+ years), so I know this is not the way it used to work.

Has anyone else experienced this?