What happened to my SD card apps and Market app

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by beansurg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. nsud

nsud New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same problem and it started today morning. I have not rooted my phone, it is all the stock kernel and software and ROM. But I did notice that there was a message saying that a software update had been received. I do not remember the version number but it was something like 3.xx.605 something. Ever since then, my google voice app and many other apps crash a few seconds after opening. Many of preferences have been reset and call history has been wiped clean, although the contacts are still there. All the apps that were on the SDcard just show the generic icon, and settings->applications->manage->SD card tab shows zero apps.
    My current S/W info is
    Android ver. 2.2
    Baseband ver. 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernel ver. 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149 #1
    Build number 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
    PRL ver. 52297

Any ideas on how to fix it. I dont have any backup software mentioned earlier in the posts installed on my DINC.

2. Tiezane

Tiezane New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nsud,

Unfortunately, I think the only first step available to you is to boot to recovery (hold Vol down and power with the device fully powered down) and tell it to do a factory reset.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

3. beansurg

beansurg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Tiezane probably need to factory reset if a reboot doesn't fix the issues.

FYI update on what I did. Got tired of the half fix so I did a nandroid backup(just in case but would probably restore with my original post root nandroid) and flashed a new ROM, skyraider 4.0 So far so good. Was able to re-install TI from market and use that to get all my apps back. Be careful to only install apps and their data not any system data, etc. Seems to be working well. Only downside was having to reset preferences in some apps. BTW I tried flashing with ROM manager but got a boot loop. Pulled the battery and rebooted into recovery and wiped the data/ cache and then chose to install from SD. Went without a hitch. Just another solution if you are rooted.

Search tags for this page

can't use apps on sd card droid incredible

droid incredible app icons not
einstellen usd card what happened to my apps
how do i get apps off my sd card
how to get new htc incredible 2 to load apps off sd card

htc droid incredible apps stored on sd card no longer available

htc incredible load applications feom sd card
linked program no longer installed
what happened to the home screen on my android 2 phone

what happens when data is missing from my sd card on htc inc