What happened to: 'FREE mobile hotspot for DROID INCREDIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhusker

Reaction score
I'm subscribed to that thread. This morning I tried to follow the link in the email and find it's gone. Anybody know where the discussion went?

Humpa

Reaction score
I wondered why it was allowed back when it was first posted. DroidForums doesn't allow the blatently "illegal" hacks. And normally a hack to specifically bypass payment on an app would not be allowed. So I imagine that is why it is gone.

Specifically bypassing the $20 monthly payment on the 3G Hotspot app is rather blatent. Whereas rooting and using a free wifi tether app, or not rooting and using pdanet or easytether, both are fine to discuss here, since they are not specifically changing security credentials to use an app that is supposed to cost money.

.... or something like that?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm subscribed to that thread. This morning I tried to follow the link in the email and find it's gone. Anybody know where the discussion went?

I have a note attached to the thread where it was deleted in the forum explaining the reasoning. It is considered blatant theft from Verizon by the DF staff and as such, we won't condone it or allow the posting of details for obtaining it.

patrickgerry

Reaction score
And by rooting and getting free tether is not considered blatant theft? Sorry but to me it is just another way to get to the same goal.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
And by rooting and getting free tether is not considered blatant theft? Sorry but to me it is just another way to get to the same goal.

It is another way to get to the same goal, but this method hacks what is in essence a paid app which isn't allowed. Rooting and using the FREE wifi tether app is not dealing with paid apps. That is the difference.

Sent from somewhere...

drtnsnw

Reaction score
that is just semantics! Either way you are taking something that verizon charges for for free. If you want to justify it one way and not another I guess you have that right as owners and opperators of this forum.

What about all the apps, widgets and hacks designed and copy writed for other phones that people hack and post APK files for? Isn't that theft also??

Chris

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Do you really want to go on this crusade? The decision has been made. That's not going to be reversed. As far as apps, if you'll notice, Swype discussions aren't allowed either.

And PDANet can be done for USB without hacking for another comment above.

Status
Not open for further replies.