What happened?!? Swype speech to text

fireman00

Reaction score
audio to text has somehow flipped to Egyptian...see attached. All configs show English. Cleared cache and powered on/ off, still a problem. Any thoughts on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362882992900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362882992900.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,167
OP
F

fireman00

Reaction score
This is what I've done so far: Cleared the data in Swype (Manage applications>All>Swype>Clear Data) then went into Quickword, long pressed> Input method>Swype. I test one line "this is a test" which works ok. When I try a second test with any verbiage I get Egyptian again.

If I use the Motorola default keyboard, all the results are in English.

OP
F

fireman00

Reaction score
Follow up ... I cleared data and disabled the OTA install of Swype. I downloaded the latest beta version from Swype's site and tested in Quickword, mobile browser and created a response to this topic. Everything seems to be working now.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Follow up ... I cleared data and disabled the OTA install of Swype. I downloaded the latest beta version from Swype's site and tested in Quickword, mobile browser and created a response to this topic. Everything seems to be working now.

Another option would be to use SwiftKey, that's what I use now and the flow and multiword swipe is amazing, and dictation is great on it

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!