What features would you like to see on the next gen Moto X?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
A "alleged" spec sheet for the next gen Moto X leaked and was reported here.

• 5.2-inch AMOLED display with QHD resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32/64GB of memory
  • 16-megapixel Clear Pixel camera
  • 5-megapixel front-facing camera
  • 3,280 mAh battery
  • Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

Other than those specs listed above, what other features would you like to see on the next gen Moto X?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Make it waterproof and dustproof and I'm sold.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
16-megapixel Clear Pixel camera

That right there is interesting enough for me. #1 complaint I get from people who don't want to move to Android is the camera. I'm curious to see what they do with Clear Pixel because I liked the camera for most of the Moto X line.

Make it waterproof and dustproof and I'm sold.
I'll say!

alicia78

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SamSung S5
It should have support for cross platform /same platform content transfer, and allow users to easily upgrade and downgrade OS.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
That right there is interesting enough for me. #1 complaint I get from people who don't want to move to Android is the camera. I'm curious to see what they do with Clear Pixel because I liked the camera for most of the Moto X line.

But remember, it's not the megapixels that matter. The camera itself needs better optics to produce a better image output. I wish they'd bring the megapixel count DOWN on phones a bit to save on storage space. I don't need to print out a photo the size of my living room wall from my phone. ;)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
But remember, it's not the megapixels that matter. The camera itself needs better optics to produce a better image output. I wish they'd bring the megapixel count DOWN on phones a bit to save on storage space. I don't need to print out a photo the size of my living room wall from my phone. ;)

I have to respectfully disagree. That's what HTC wanted you to think with the One M8, and we all know how that turned out.
That fact is, aside from the Turbo, (which only provides you with two options I believe) most devices give you multiple options within your camera settings to adjust the MP size accordingly. New flagship devices ARE providing better optics. Just look at the Galaxy S6 and the LG G4. Currently two of the best cameras ever provided in a smartphone device.
Point is, they are getting better at this, and most manufacturers are doing it without raising the MP size from their previous model.

S5 tap'n

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
That fact is, aside from the Turbo, (which only provides you with two options I believe) most devices give you multiple options within your camera settings to adjust the MP size accordingly.

This is true with some, but certainly not the case with the first-gen Moto X. The Galaxy Nexus that I used to have did have that option and it was quite handy...I figured it would be an option that ALL phones would have. But once I got the Moto X, I was disappointed to see that option lacking. I feel Motorola failed with that decision.

Hopefully the better optics trickle down to ALL phone cameras and not just the heavy-hitters. Certainly don't need DSLR quality, as that's what DSLR cameras are for, but having a rather decent camera in a phone would be awesome.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This must be an issue on most Moto phones because LG , Sony, Samsung, etc all provide the option "built in". The fact is, Moto has been lacking in the camera department for many years, and only recently have they started to improve their optics with their latest devices.. if camera quality is important to you, go with a device other than Moto. Recent flagship models from have shown that DSLR quality photos in a smartphone setting is possible.
While your average smartphone camera will never reach the level of most "high end" DSLRs, they are getting MUCH closer to making this a reality with each new device. We simply can't expect high end optics in every device, manufacturers would lose money. This is why "flagship" devices exist.

S5 tap'n

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I'd love for it to have expandable memory, but I know it won't happen. Everything else looks pretty damn good. I hope the rumor of USB Type-C comes true.

G_I_A

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5
Twitter
twitter.com/G_I_A
I would love OIS with the camera setup.