What Features do you want to See implemented in Upcoming Android Updates?

gregsjh13

Reaction score
There has been alot of Features that have been implemented and Android has Progressed at an AMAZING speed.But what are some things you want to see Implemented in Android that you feel have been left out?

Last edited:

FootballRef

Reaction score
I would like to see the ability to have one input method for portrait (Shape Writer or Swype) and another for landscape mode (standard Android)

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
I would like to see the ability to have one input method for portrait (Shape Writer or Swype) and another for landscape mode (standard Android)

Sounds like an amazing idea to me.Ive never really liked swype i just use Htc or Standard android keyboard.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
push for pop accounts.

That sounds Great!

i don't actually use pop for anything but it would be nice to have in case i ever needed it.

i dont see it being an issue for the 2nd largest email provider in the world to offer such a service without the need to have gmail pull that info.

FootballRef

Reaction score

Sounds like an amazing idea to me.Ive never really liked swype i just use Htc or Standard android keyboard.
I would like to be able to use Shape Writer only on the small keyboard. I usually would only use it for short messages.

SGTiger

Reaction score
A delay setting so that the after turning off the screen, the lock screen isn't shown when you turn the screen back on until after the delay period has expired. This would prevent having to unlock the droid a thousand times a day.

Lock Delay has this feature, but it doesn't work with 2.2.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
A delay setting so that the after turning off the screen, the lock screen isn't shown when you turn the screen back on until after the delay period has expired. This would prevent having to unlock the droid a thousand times a day.

That would save me alot of headaches lol

schammy

Reaction score
2.2 is pretty rock solid. There aren't any new features I particularly need, but they really need to update some of the stock apps. Music, Camera, and Phone are all ugly as sin. They also need to replace the default launcher with LauncherPro - it's 10x better than what comes with stock Android. Other than that, it's just about perfect!

mjforte

Reaction score
The only thing that I'd like to see to help out stock users, even though I'm rooted, is the ability to customize the notification bar colors/icons.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
The only thing that I'd like to see to help out stock users, even though I'm rooted, is the ability to customize the notification bar colors/icons.

Yeah i hate the White notification bar.I much prefer the black one on Htc Sense.

psiuglen

Reaction score

Yeah the Devour I had for a month and half had this feature. As well as the pin-unlock. Not sure if it's a Motoblur wide feature or just for that one, but it was nice. Could set screen time-out for like 2 minutes, and then the security timeout for 20 minutes.

Nightmares

Reaction score

This. As well as customizable font on the entire phone.