What exactly is the significance of these benchmark/quadrant scores or whatever??????

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TuBitMittens, Aug 22, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Probably a noob question but I notice that everyone is always bragging(or more politely speaking, showing off) these so called 'quadrant scores.' I just don't know if I completely get the whole thing. Is it just a fancy way of marking your phones performance??? What exactly does it say about your phone when you get into the 1700 range??
    Just to fit it into the coolness of it all(lol) I have gotten into the 1300's.
    I apologize for my complete tech naivety but I'm not quite sure what the big deal is regarding these numbers.
    Personally all I want is a good working phone that has nice speed and decent battery life.(personally my battery life has kinda sucked since I rooted)
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about it. They mean almost nothing. Just because one persons phone hits 1700 and you can only reach 1300 doesn't mean your phone can't be just as smooth as his. At this moment I am getting around 700. Does it not mean my phone isn't smooth? No. It's the smoothest it has ever been.

Sent from my Droid
  3. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLz okay then. :D I actually remember reading something about 'android myths' and something having to do with the quadrant scores that they all read differently on different roms despite performances..idk whatever..
  4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +88
    It's just a benchmark test that times certain parameters/speeds of calculations as a representation of performance, nothing more.
  5. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is probably what you are thinking about:

ongoing:android_myths [CVPCS Android Wiki]
  6. AlienGorilla

AlienGorilla New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In reality, all it is is just a pissing contest. Meaningless numbers if you consider the totality of everything. Personally, I just use it to compare how kernels, roms and the combinations of the two run together. The quadrant score combined with the use and feel of the phone is how I determine my setup (UD 7.0 chevyno1 LV1Ghz.)

You're absoutely right however, in that all that matters is a speedy, responsive phone with good battery life. I can't even begin to comprehend how you can run a 550Mhz processor at 1.25Ghz at a constant rate and expect to get good battery life, or the processor to last, for that matter. I guess these are also the people that either charge their phones every chance they get or buy spare/larger batteries to compensate.

Anyway, all you need to know is, quadrant should just be used in conjunction with your brain when trying to figure out what runs better. Good luck.

Sent From a Rooted Droid Running UD eXtreme 7.0
Search tags for this page
antutu benchmark wiki
antutu wiki
quadrant benchmark
quadrant benchmark meaning

quadrant benchmark wiki

quadrant standard meaning

what do benchmark scores mean

what do quadrant scores mean

what does quadrant standard do

what is quadrant benchmark