What EXACTLY causes the 150 queries to be used up for Twitter apps?

M

Matth3w

I keep getting this message about Twitter restricting to 150 queries or something an hour and Twidroid can't do anything.

I can't find a good answer on Google as to what exactly constitutes this...

Because in the last hour I "tweeted" three times and got ZERO updates from the three people I follow. Yet it still shut me down.

fuzzym

Reaction score
The Twitter API itself only allows for 150 queries per hour. So any app, whether on your PC/Mac or phone or whatever, can only query up to 150 times per hour. It's not Twidroid's fault, it's something that Twitter built into the API.

OP
M

Matth3w

I get that, but what is a query in this case?

Like I said, I didn't really make any queries and I only posted 3 things...all from my phone, only one account, no other apps, nothing from the computer...

OP
Q

qoncept

I tried Twidroid one time, did next to nothing and then inexplicably hit that limit. Lucky for me, I think twitter is the most stupid, worthless thing in the world so I just uninstalled.

fuzzym

Reaction score
I believe a query constitutes every time that you check for new tweets (whether Twidroid does it automatically or whether you open Twidroid and check manually) as well as when you send updates.

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok so that's like 9 things max. Four times it checks an hour, and I posted three things, and sent two messages.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Have you emailed the developer on this issue?

OP
M

Matth3w

No because it's not specific to that application. It's specific to Twitter. I was just curious as to what constituted a search.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Do you have any Twitter apps running on a desktop or laptop, such as Tweetdeck or something? All of these use the same API call pool. Any time that an application sends a request to Twitter, it is part of that 150 pulls.