What Emulated Games Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by NVash, Dec 16, 2009.

1. NVash

NVash New Member

A friend of mine and I were just talking about how playing the wrong games on the Droid will give a person Carpel Tunnel. Last night I tried Megaman Zero and Castlevania, both on GBA. Dont think Ill do that one again and just stick to the GBA. I already know to stay away from fighting games, especially the arcade ones. No KOF, Samurai Shodown or Marvel VS Capcom here. But Im curious, what games does everyone else play here?

Im also curious if anyone has made any headway in any RPGs such as Chrono Trigger. Way I see it this screen is better than a GBA but not quite as good as a DS. Notwithstanding the controls and possiblity of getting a txt or phone call whilst playing the game to interrupt, this might not be half a bad thing to play such an RPG on.
  2. solar

solar Member

Hello,
    I useSnesoid and Nesoid for emulation of NES and SNES, its fantastic. I am actually making my way through ChronoTrigger right now! I works great on Snesoid. Its smooth and the text is bug enough to be read easily. I don't know about the other emulators out there but the Snesoid lets you setup custom button configs that work really well, so playing ChronoTrigger is great with the button config I use. I also play super mario 3 on Nesoid, which is a little trickier trying to play with the Droids keyboard,partially with the Dpad being onthe left which is opposite of most gamepads. Sometimes I will run it in screen flip mode so that the keyboard is on the top and the screen below so that the pad is on the left side (basicaly holding the open phone upside down). It sounds weird but it makes more send to my brain to play SMB3 with the pad on the left, lol. :icon_ banana:
  3. xxjdmcivicek9xx

xxjdmcivicek9xx New Member

ive been playing alot of super mario world on snesoid and drift king!!!
  4. Million

Million New Member

A lot of Castlevania games on gameboid... got through two of them.

Oh if only android had a nds emu...
  5. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma New Member

Not sure how DS emulation would work with one screen...

Anyway, I've found the NES Mega Man titles to run very well, and Sonic 1-3 are certainly fun with accelerometer control. The D-Pad's lack of squaredom makes games requiring precise four way or diagonal control near impossible, so that's about all I've tried thus far.
  6. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Super Mario World
    FF III
    Rayman 10th anniversary ed. (GBA)

i play others too, but these are my current faves

edit: RPGs on the phone work great... i'm paranoid so i quick save frequently
  7. DroidMunkey

DroidMunkey New Member

pokemon fire red

pure sex.
  8. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

I beg of you to please play Friday the 13th on the original Nintendo.

You will not regret it. Just don't play it late at night unless you want nightmares.
  9. Mawnee

Mawnee New Member

^lol I remember playing that years ago.

Mostly playing FF6(3) on gameboid
    Also:
    Romance of the three Kingdoms on Snesoid
    Wizardry games on Nesoid

One that I was really looking forward to and doesnt work is Dungeons and Dragons:Warriors of the Eternal Sun on Gensoid. It runs, but it doesnt show the character bars on the right so its impossible to play. I've downloaded 5 different copies of it hoping to find one that works, they all run fine on computer emulators :(
  10. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

eventually i would like to play Mario RPG (SNES), Mario Tennis (GBA), and Mario Golf (GBA)... some of my favorite games that don't work with the Android emulators
  11. Dream

Dream New Member

Paper Boy and Mario Kart :)
  12. Varking

Varking New Member

Chrono Trigger
    Pokemon FireRed
  13. JordanRyu

JordanRyu New Member

Chrono Trigger(SNES)
    Secret of Mana(SNES)
    Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap(GBA):heart:
    Golden Sun(GBA)
    Duck Hunt(NES)
    Wonderboy in Monster World(SEGA)
  14. skourg3

skourg3 New Member

Chrono Trigger and Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen so far. After I finish Chrono Trigger I'm going to play Secret of Mana and FF II (IV) also. Possibly the original Star Ocean, too (pretty sure that was SNES anyway).
  15. terriermike

terriermike New Member

All three of the Donkey Kong Country games for SNES work really well. DKC was my first ever video game so it's a cool feeling to have it on my phone.

Also DKC 3 was released in 1996 after the N64 had been released (I think) and has some of the best graphics available in an SNES game.
  16. evilsock

evilsock New Member

ff2 now just found translated ff4 that works on droid, that will be next, then ff3, earthworm jim is a little hard to play as well as super metroid, lame bc i loooove the metroid series, fusion and zero mision for gba are good tho
  17. Million

Million New Member

agreed, I've been playing the hell out of all the dkc games... seems harder on the Droid though! Maybe its the controls but I've been getting a lot of game overs...

18. Loyrl

Loyrl Member

Playing secret of mana, ff6/3 and chrono trigger. I tried playing a mega man, but I don't think I can handle an action game with out a controller.
  19. Raven

Raven New Member

I'm enjoying my all time favourite game; The Lost Vikings II (the prequel is just as good). I'd advice anyone loving the classics giving The Lost Vikings a go! It's the kind of game that has it all; adventure, puzzles, action and great humour. It's a very different kind of platform game that involves solving puzzles, controlling three different characters (on at a time), all with great sound tracks, a whole bunch of different leves, cool storyline and humours dialogs. The first few levels are really easy with lots of hints along the way to get you started, but it becomes increasingly more difficult when you get further into the game. Fortunately you get a new password for each level, so there is really not much need for save/load states, and as such you can use the lite version of Snesoid.

Here's more info about this awesome game: The Lost Vikings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and here's a youtube video showing the gameplay:

Growing up with a Commodore 64 and later on getting into the 8 - 16-bit consoles, I still think those old games have a gameplay superior to most modern games where you have to spend countles hours just getting into it (don't have the time, nor the patience for that anymore)... I much prefer the vintage games you could just pick up and play like 20 minutes now and then. :)
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  20. shrop21

shrop21 New Member

for gba i have mario cart, sonic, mario vs donkey kong and pokemon games :heart: lol
    and super monkey ball which is hard to play but otherwise there all good
Search tags for this page
does gameboid play ds games
emulator not showing characters warriors of the eternal sun
ff4 retranslated snesoid rom

fun games to emulate on android

games for gameboid