What Droid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by lan7hony, Nov 13, 2011.

1. lan7hony

lan7hony New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am curios what droids you guys have. I am about to switch to verizon and get a droid. I have researched many of the droids but i do not know the reputation or feel of the droid, just what it does on black and white.

What you guys think? any thoughts welcome.

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I have a Droid Incredible and well I don't think it's for sale anymore LOL!

Depends what you're looking for in a phone. You want a keyboard? Big screen? Fast data?
    That's the beauty of Android, it's spread across so many different types of phones.

3. xm0067

xm0067 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If budget isnt a problem, I would reccomend either the galaxy Nexus or the RAZR because they're both intensely powerful phones.

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If you are talking top-tier phones then go to the Verizon store and look at and play with the Bionic and the Razr and get the one that appeals to you the most. They are running the same OS so they will operate the same. It comes down to which of the two displays you like the best. The Razr will render colors better (well warmer and a little more vivid) and the Bionic will be brighter and be viewable much better in sun light. Just pick the one that feels and looks the best to you. I would not worry about the non-irremovable battery on the Razr. I just don't think that's going to be much of an issue assuming you take reasonable battery saving precautions (YMMV).

And of course if you want a fixed keyboard, the Droid 3 is your choice. It has a slightly smaller screen, but a great keyboard. And also the Galaxy Nexus is reported to be coming out on 11-21.

There's a ton of very, very good phones to select from.

Good luck.

5. lan7hony

lan7hony New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Budget is not a problem at all. Im looking for a top-tier phone that is good for downloading and listening to music and can run apps smoothly.

After reading a few posts it makes me think my top 2 could be the RAZR or the BOINIC.

They let you play with the phones at verizon stores? That seems very intresting and could be what i have to do to make the decision on what phone is best for me.

6. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    A lot of Verizon stores only have lve iPhones. I think only corporate chains have all phones on to play with. I went to on partnered with GO wireless and they only had iphones for that weren't dummy units.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

7. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    That has also been my experience. Only the Verizon corporate stores have all the phones as live phones. BB, RS, WalMart, Target, etc only have non-working display phones.

8. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I gots the Droid x... And love it.. But not for same anymore... But the x2 is... I've tinkered around with it a bit ... Got I've set up with a great rom for a friend... And he couldn't be happier with it

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

9. xm0067

xm0067 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unless there is a specific one that feels better for you (like the screen/size is a dealbreaker), I would get the one with better hardware (faster processers, more ram, more memory, etc)

10. Droid X Doug

Droid X Doug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    3 days into the RAZR. Incredibly light and thin. Display takes on a bluish tinge if you look at it sideways, but that isn't something I do much of. Did I mention the RAZR is quite the light and thin handset? Kind of shows Apple what the iPhone 5 should be. Battery life (at least for me) is running around 10+ hours.

11. lan7hony

lan7hony New Member

Ratings:
    +0

and what would that be?

12. xm0067

xm0067 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The RAZR clocks at 200 mhz faster than the bionic, though the razr has 11.5gigs of interna storage vs 16 gigs (no idea why the odd amount)

They're both quite comprable, though the bionic already has a good bit of development for it, if that's your forté.

I personally would get the RAZR, just because of its newness in comparison (more likely to get ICS faster and be developed longer). It is more expensive though, and the battery cover won't come off (problem for bootloops, but again, if you're staying stock it won't matter)