What Droid App is most needed?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd kill for a .avi and .mkv player if it's possible. then I'd be set for video playback.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TBolt

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my first Droid (Incredible); so, excuse me if anything is incorrect here or already available.

Assuming it is not possible to edit Google Docs, Spreadsheets, etc on an Android device, I would love an app that would allow me to do so.

A solid racing app (Rolex Grand-Am, American LeMans, MotoGP, Formula 1, IRL) with real-time scoring & configurable feeds to various news sources for those series.

On the BlackBerry, I use a radio app called Radio Companion, which allows me to stream AM & FM stations -- would love an app that does that well. If the App can allow us to add our own web-based stream feeds, that would be a HUGE BONUS.

ANYTHING that can help us get the best quality pics & videos out of our onboard cameras would be so very much appreciated. :)

jbIII

Reaction score
CBS Fantasy Baseball App

I would like to see a fantasy baseball app for CBS. I can track total points on the browser, but I would like to track daily progress and points for each player. They have one for the iphone, but there is nothing for the droid.

If anyone has a browser that will let you track this please let me know.

Thanks,
jbIII

Cruzincat1

Reaction score
How about an app that locks out the four hard keys until you touch them in a set sequence. With them disabled you won't be touching them accidentily while playing games or whatever.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A nice TV guide application would be nice.

Look for TV-Guide, works GREAT for me, search zipcode then it asks for you to choose your tv carrier and wallah.

I just popped in to see how this thread got so many postings and I see this. I'll give that a try.

What I'd really like to see is an app for TiVo. :)

SpykeZ

Reaction score
A nice TV guide application would be nice.

Look for TV-Guide, works GREAT for me, search zipcode then it asks for you to choose your tv carrier and wallah.

I just popped in to see how this thread got so many postings and I see this. I'll give that a try.

What I'd really like to see is an app for TiVo. :)

theres a tivo remote thingy?
TivoRemote v1.521 Application for Android | Multimedia

and TiVo Mobile if that's of any help

moto

Reaction score
I agree with everyone on a better live sports App but what I am still waiting for the most is an email app like what Blackberry has with multiple font size options. I am too old to see the small print on the basic email

Xegesis

Reaction score
I am with everyone else wanting a sports scores widget that updates real time.

givmedew

Reaction score

SpykeZ

Reaction score
We are getting ready to start development on another droid app and want to hear from you. What app would you like to have or need a better version of?

Nicole Passante
Vice President
Dynamic Internet Development - Professional Flex AIR & ColdFusion Development

- An actual Sports news/scoreboard app that updates, has a nice interface, a widget and instant notifications.

sportstap works great

oooooo you!! It was my turn to help someone!! lol

But I'll say it anyways, I hate sports but I gave sportstab a try to see if it was what was asked for and pretty much is, it includes a widget you add to your home screen and you can add your favorite teams. Once team is added it'll show you the score of recent games by pressing the up or down button. It always starts on the most recent one.

Boxster986

Reaction score
Necessary...

SPELL CHECKER! I can't believe we still don't have one and that no one here has brought this up yet. All the words are already in the phone... We just need to tap into the library of words that are there now and create a neat UI that underlines the words with correction suggestions. Even a basic one similar to :blackberry:Blackberry:blackberry: that goes word by word would suffice. This should be built into gmail anyway. Come on Google!

Also a bluetooth dialer... 5+ year old phones have this and Droid... doesn't?

???

Reaction score
for the guys wanting a motogp app like has just being released for the metoophone, I emailed the makers of the app and they said they are making one for the android OS.

no time frame but atleast they didn't say that jobs had some kinda contract with them not too.