What Droid App is most needed?

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
This is not a wishlist thread, it's for what apps are currently out that are a must have. The wishlist thread is here :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-development/2643-what-do-you-want-see-android-market-25.html

Actually, it is. Read the very first post in this thread.

lol long island iced teas + forums = never a good idea hahaha

lol you need a breathalyzer app. **WARNING**WARNING**YOU ARE TOO INTOXICATED TO POST ON THE FORUM**WARNING**WARNING

_33

Reaction score
I would love a "Valet" type app. Something I can click and hand my phone off to someone to check out. Something that I can restrict access to my messaging and phone. Maybe even make it so I can pick what apps/programs it lets the borrower have access to.

+1 for the Valet app idea! Would be great.

They have this available currently. Its in the market for $2 and its called App Protector Pro.

I tried something like that before. I don't want to have my apps locked all the time. Just something that blocks out certain apps when I turn it on. Then when I turn it off my phone runs normal.

Skytile

Reaction score
I'd like a VLC application. I basically want something that will play pretty much any format of video. Most of the videos I have are only playable through VLC on my computer, which is why it's the only player I use. I tried downloading a video file on to my phone, and I couldn't get it to play. Nor did I feel like scrounging around and trying to find a way to get it to play. I like things a bit easier than that- having one media player that will play all my videos. :)

mshannon

Reaction score
An Application to fix the Bluetooth issues that Nissan/Infiniti's have with their hands free systems.

Initial connections on calls going out/calls coming are junk.

If you can send the call to the handset/then take it back - it is OK.

So an app that will sense a connection from a specified device - the app then takes the call back to the hand set - and sends it back to the device.

It needs to be fast so the driver - and caller - are not distracted.

then you can sell it to Nissan/Infiniti who should have fixed it 9 months ago...

M

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I'd like a VLC application. I basically want something that will play pretty much any format of video. Most of the videos I have are only playable through VLC on my computer, which is why it's the only player I use. I tried downloading a video file on to my phone, and I couldn't get it to play. Nor did I feel like scrounging around and trying to find a way to get it to play. I like things a bit easier than that- having one media player that will play all my videos. :)

you prob couldn't get it to play cause the video has to be MP4 with some other audio like AC3 or some crap like that. It was explain in another thread here why the phone didn't natively support such codecs for other formats. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Skytile

Reaction score

you prob couldn't get it to play cause the video has to be MP4 with some other audio like AC3 or some crap like that. It was explain in another thread here why the phone didn't natively support such codecs for other formats. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Thanks. :)
Although converting all my video files seems like a pretty big hassle. :icon_eek: Almost makes one not want to use this beautiful screen to watch videos. :p

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still looking for a numeric pin entry password access app - Lock 2.0 isn't cutting it and any of the other apps that are pattern related just don't work with the Droid's fingerprint friendly screen.

Looked at App Protector Pro, but it is a pattern type app, not a numeric pin application