What DON'T you miss from Windows Mobile?

natty_lite

Reaction score
Active Sync
16 bit color depth
slow, slow, SLOW.
staking out ppcgeeks or XDA for .cab files
resistive screens
areas that are difficult to interact with your finger
PIE
long boot times
soft resetting to get back RAM

nuguy

Reaction score
I had/still cary the 6800/titan as well.

You guys obviously didn't hang around ppcgeeks enough, I ran several tweaked roms, as well as stock and really most of the stuff you are compilaining about is either: resolved if you find the tweak, your own preferences, or lack of knowledge about the os and aps and their ins and outs...

Guess what - we got lots of that to go through here too! I hope this forum/community does half as good of a job as ppcgeeks did for me. I still miss the refinement of win mo, but I know it's comming wih android.

I'll keep studying...

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score

You guys obviously didn't hang around ppcgeeks enough, I ran several tweaked roms, as well as stock and really most of the stuff you are compilaining about is either: resolved if you find the tweak, your own preferences, or lack of knowledge about the os and aps and their ins and outs...

Guess what - we got lots of that to go through here too! I hope this forum/community does half as good of a job as ppcgeeks did for me. I still miss the refinement of win mo, but I know it's comming wih android.

I'll keep studying...
all of those "tweaked" ROMs only did for me was cause more headache. sure they made the device run faster and overall the "prettiness" was upped, but when devs remove too many DLLs, start messing with things they only read about, add programs that are useless or annoying (i hated that stupid rainbow battery meter)...

i used almost everyone's Touch ROM on PPG and eventually ended up on NFSFAN's clean ROM over on XDA after he got banned from PPG. after that, i pretty much stopped going to PPG since they steal all of the links and CABs from XDA anyway.

nuguy

Reaction score
And you don't think that the Android chefs are going through the same exact thing right now???

O do.

And I would miss that bleeding edge of tweaking of they weren't.

crspang

Reaction score

I'll keep studying...

I hung around there for a while at first, but the ROM's I tried left me with additional problems, and what I was looking for in those ROM's came stock on the Droid.
I know that the Droid and the Mogul are light years apart in hardware capabilities but all I wanted was a good version of TouchFlo, but after bricking two moguls I gave up and left it pretty much stock.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20

I'll keep studying...

All the problems that I mentioned should have been nonexistent in an operating system that was in it's 6th iteration. Why did PPCgeeks need to do anything to it? Why did XDA need to do anything to it? Microsoft should have done it! I can see if the phone works fine and you just want a little extra performance, but the tweeks and roms these guys did were things that were sometimes necessary just to make the phone work without being annoying.

If I buy a phone, I want the company who produces it to take responsibility for their product and not leave it to 3rd parties to improve on basic functionality. Especially on a closed platform like WinMo. Admittedly, Android needs to keep this in mind also, but they are open source and I can clearly see that they are progressing nicely. More so than WinMo ever did.

If you give Android the same amount of time that WinMo has had, Android will be light years ahead.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
The stylus - losing the stylus. Waiting years for upgrades. The need to always be connected withusb for app loading. Thosegreen screens that strangely showed up.

Last edited:

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I had the Moto Q9m. One thing i hated the most was Mobile IE. The worst POS browser out there. That and the fact that Verizon would not let you install Opera.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
I remembered a few more things that I don't miss. As mentioned before, this stylus. I kept losing that little thing.

I also hated how active sync would always start up when I put the phone in the doc. Sometimes I just wanted to use the tether but the stupid thing would have to go through it's sync first. I wanted to just be able to run it when I wanted to but the icon in my tray would always be there unless I uninstalled the program. coundn't even get it to not start up in msconfig. I hate it when programers don't give users a choice in how they want certain things to run.