What does your memory look like?

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if my screenshot here is typical of the memory. It's weird because under application manager, it says approx. 9 GB available memory. Not sure why the discrepancy. Thoughts? Thanks.

aza8u6u8.jpg

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Wow! Syd., looks like for me it's the 6+ GB of miscellaneous. When I click on miscellaneous there are a bunch of files I can't recognize so I'm apprehensive to delete them. Files like "acattsdroid", ".face" and many more. Probably not smart to delete right. They're there for a reason..... right?

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Here's the top of the list.

any5e9az.jpg
★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah mine just does not display miscellaneous, that is your OS.

If you take your total and subtract miscellaneous you should be near my total.

I am on Cyanogenmod so it displays different. You are good.

Sent from my S4

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Cool thanks Sydman, appreciate it.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if my screenshot here is typical of the memory. It's weird because under application manager, it says approx. 9 GB available memory. Not sure why the discrepancy. Thoughts? Thanks.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

Mine looks just like yours. We really need an update that allows moving apps to the ext SD card. Hope it comes soon.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine looks just like yours. We really need an update that allows moving apps to the ext SD card. Hope it comes soon.

That will never happen, and if it does the only apps you will be able to move are the Samsung apps, as Google does not allow the App store apps to be moved to an external SD card, do to piracy issues.
On another note Verizon will be selling the 32 Gig version of the S4 on July 3rd.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually Samsung has announced that they will be providing the carriers an update (that may be in their hands) that will allow some of the system, (stock), apps to be moved to SD but it appears it will be very limited. It was done to address the relatively large amount of space used by the system. They also, along with that update, plan to optimized storage space used by some of those apps.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what my memory looks like. Sorry, couldn't resist. Lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2