What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Palantirion, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Palantirion

Palantirion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I aborted a failed attempt at upgrading to 2.1 last week. Phone status says 2.0.1. Tonight I was messing around with Droid Root Helper and tried installing 2.1 from that app, but I said it was already installed! I checked my phone's status again and it said 2.0.1 - BUT I can pinch-zoom on my maps now! So WTF???

p.s. The gallery looks the same to me, thought that was supposed to be different with 2.1.

2. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How the hell did you try to install it on rootexplorer? The maps were updated on market like a month ago with pinch to zoom. I am 100% sure you don't have 2.1.

3. Palantirion

Palantirion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    -Not root explorer, Droid Root Helper. I didn't know about the map update. But here's a follow-up question...Why does my phone tell me that it is fully updated when I "check for updates", when we know I don't have 2.1?

4. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have sprecovery? It let's the installation start but makes it abort on purpose to end the notification. I suggest you do a manual update with root-you can find it here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...completely-stock-proper-root-su-baseband.html
    The ota update removes root and there is no real way to root to 2.1 other than that
    P.s. sorry about the rootexplorer thing I sometimes skim read
    Edit: install it like you did with normal root, but make sure you have sprecovery ot clockwork recovery and have stock rom with root,

#4 droidman101, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  5. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO droid root helper is more confusing than it needs to be, I downloaded it when I first rooted my droid and havent used it since. Try DMupdater and/or rom manager.