What does this mean?

misskassie11

Reaction score
Sometimes in my pocket my phone will get really hot on the back and im not even using it. Someone told me it could be my battery? But its get very warm like I have been on it for a couple hours. And takes for ever to cool off.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Sounds like there is something running. If you go to settings/about phone/battery use, it will show whats been using the battery.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
This happens to me when I am in an area with questionable 3G service (more so when it is in my pocket). Seems like it takes a lot of CPU searching for signal. Drains my battery really fast in those circumstances as well.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
This has happen to me a few times. What I've found out is that there is app running in the background. Find the app that you have recently used and end it or exit it out properly. For example; You opened the internet browser while it was still loading and you shut your screen off. Even while your screen is off, the browser is still loading there for your phone is getting hot. This is from my own experience. Hope it helps! :)

grace1169

Reaction score
There may be apps running in the background.If you go to settings/about phone/battery use, it will show whats been using the battery. You may forget to end or exist some apps you used before.