What does this icon do?

droidoesall

Reaction score
Does any one know what the CPU icon means when u pull down the notification bar. This is on miui

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

eldouche

Reaction score
Does any one know what the CPU icon means when u pull down the notification bar. This is on miui

I always assumed it was something like underclock the proc... but I never tested it out. I guess SetCPU or something like that might show?

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR

I always assumed it was something like underclock the proc... but I never tested it out. I guess SetCPU or something like that might show?

Yeah, that's what it does. It underclocks your cpu.

DeeMat

Reaction score
From the user guide that Hoppermi put together:

(10) ...The CPU button, Lit= lowers cpu speed when screen is off to reduce background app power consumption. Unlit = business as usual.

OP
droidoesall

droidoesall

Reaction score
So it only underclocks while screen is off. Good feature to have. Here's another question. Does it still work even if setcpu has min at 500mhz and is set to on demand

DeeMat

Reaction score
I am not sure. One of them should override the other (perhaps the lowest one?). I have not been using SetCPU for several months and been using whatever overclocking features the custom ROMs have. No issues to report.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
The MIUI one should override SetCPU because people were discussing it being above or below what they had SetCPU set at when they used it.

OP
droidoesall

droidoesall

Reaction score
Hhhmmmm. My curiosity is killing me I gotta figure out which one has the higher value