What does it mean when the battery indicator is very irratic?

pb8185

Reaction score
So my battery indicator has been behaving weirdly... one example... I go and restart my phone, battery was at 20%, after the restart battery was at 50%, and that number did not change back in a few minutes, it remained at that level as I kept the phone idle for observation... what's going on?

dro

Reaction score
Was it the native battery indicator or an app you were looking at? I had the same problem on a much older phone, but only because the battery was absolutely shot, huge bulge in it and stuff. No idea what would cause that on your Droid unless you have a bad battery. How is the battery performance aside from the indicator?

Silver Member
Reaction score
there have been several threads about this topic. usually it's associated with the fact that the phone is still learning battery usage, etc. give it a week or two and report back.

OP
P

pb8185

Reaction score
Cool, Ill let you know in a week. Wait, does irratic usage then result in irratic indication? Using builtin battery indicator, btw.

Silver Member
Reaction score
nah. it just needs to learn a few cycles. i'd even suggest letting it get down to 20% once or twice, but don't fully discharge it.

btw it's not the battery that's learning, it's the OS that's learning the battery.