What does everyones name mean.

Silver Member
Reaction score
here, omnibus referes to a trust (financial) program that went up in flames.

Cyanidetransistor

Reaction score
I used to do a lot of electronics work and I would boast that I made killer electronics, and thus, cyanidetransistor was born.

Silver Member
Reaction score
5040260_a2c426a753.jpg

gossame1

Reaction score
Here's my story...

Hello Gang,

My screen name dates back to '94, when I first signed up to get online from the first internet provider that I had. I had wanted it to be "Gossamer" after the red haired heart shaped furry monster that appeared in two Warner Brothers cartoons. The character was always a favorite of mine, and when I went to sign up, "Gossamer" was already assigned, and "Gossame1" was one of the alternate choices at the time, so I picked that until I changed providers, and later became "Gossamer01". I still use "Gossame1" on the forum boards that I belong to though.

Brian T. Carotenuto

Mojo

Reaction score
I have owned several Suzuki GSXR's over the years, a lot of people refer to them as "Gixxer's". My name is Joe. So most of my friends started calling me GixxerJoe and I just decided to use it as a screen name

R1Lover

Reaction score
Been riding R1's since about 98, that's about when the online forums started as well... used the name on a bike forum and just kept using it everywhere else too. Just stuck with me over the years.

19thumper76

Reaction score
thumper comes from back in hs i had a 83 trans am with a massive stereo system that was always cranked up so everyone called me thumper (cant remember how many times i had to replace the back glass) the 1976 is the year i was born

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ah.....You get one guess.....

You're an aged rocker or you're really Lewis Black? Oh wait, that's 2 guesses :icon_eek:

1st Concert I went to....Jacksonville, FL August 6th, 1977 at the Veteran's Memorial Coliseum :icon_ banana: Been hooked on them ever since....Was 10 at the time.

Reaction score
i get myself into crazy situations sometimes especially when using new technology lol. oh and i love these

rod

Reaction score
I fly fish the bayous of Louisiana. :icon_ banana:

which bayous? bayou black is right out my back door. i hail from the great terrebonne parish. say it with me everyone. parish.... ah, so much better than county.

oh, and to stay on topic,

Mirriam-Webster Online Dicitonary said:
Main Entry: rod
Pronunciation: \ˈräd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English rodd; akin to Old Norse rudda club
Date: before 12th century
1 a (1) : a straight slender stick growing on or cut from a tree or bush (2) : osier (3) : a stick or bundle of twigs used to punish; also : punishment (4) : a shepherd's cudgel (5) : a pole with a line and usually a reel attached for fishing b (1) : a slender bar (as of wood or metal) (2) : a bar or staff for measuring (3) : scepter; also : a wand or staff carried as a badge of office (as of marshal)
2 a : a unit of length — see weight table b : a square rod
3 : any of the long rod-shaped photosensitive receptors in the retina responsive to faint light — compare cone 3a
4 : a rod-shaped bacterium
5 slang : handgun
but mostly its short for rodney, my name. im named after my old man.