What does everyone do for work?

J

Johnly

im curious what everyone does to pay the bills. You can leave company names out if you want. And how old is everyone.

I'm 29 soon to be 30 :(

For work im a private charterboat captain and currently run daytrips from Ft Lauderdale Florida to the Bahamas.
Lucky DOG, as if u r suffering....LMFAO...I am a med student, and therfore, I have no life, except to understand what happens in you at the micro chemist level...but I am not trading that for double cheeseburgers, cause, we don't have proper enzymes to digest animal fat, yeah, death to those cow eaten muthas! only because MT has left you with nothing to break down packed fats....take organic chem world....live...:icon_ banana:

rcfx

Reaction score
I'm 54 years old, worked as a Teamster for 30 years so I got to retire last summer at 53 with a full pension. Now I get paid to ride my Harley and play with computers and cool phones. I've hacked every phone I've ever had, this is the first android phone for me though and I love it. I've been messing with computers since the commodore 64, as a Ham Radio op I had it hooked up to the new packet radio back in the '90's. I live in rainy Oregon and love it here.

rusray

Reaction score
I'm 26, soon to be a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy Reserves. Was originally slated for Active duty and set to go to Nuclear Power school; however, I ultimately decided that I would hate it. Since I love medicine and have most of my coursework done already, I opted to join the reserves to finish school faster.

BS MicroBiology
MS Physician's Assistant with an emphasis on Infectious Disease

Wanted to join Doctors Without Borders, but they are prudish about taking Physician's Assistants, unfortunately :(

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm Jeff I am 28 years old and believe it or not I am a "manny" to my 7 month old brother and 3 year old sister. People can laugh at being a manny but I wouldn't trade if for anything. Well except the changing of diapers. When I am not doing that I am back at school after some time off working on a marketing degree.

DISPATCH0711

Reaction score
I'm 24 years old, and work as a telecommunicator (police/fire dispatch) & 911 operator in SW FL.

malstorme

Reaction score
Soon to be 37, and I work in a County Government Call Center in SW Florida, I am in charge of the computers, making sure everything plays nice. Also going to school to finalize my degree in network security.

kylo77

Reaction score
43 yr old IP video engineer, work for a service provider on the latest Telepresence video systems from Polycom and Cisco, CCNA certified, have been is Telecom for 23 years in various roles.

96accord

Reaction score
Soon to be 37, and I work in a County Government Call Center in SW Florida, I am in charge of the computers, making sure everything plays nice. Also going to school to finalize my degree in network security.

Similar to what I do up here in Maryland.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Art photographer on my own time, graphics & website designer on the side, and I work at a small Photo Lab that still develops all kinds of film, even the REALLY old stuff from the 40's, disc films, 620, 616... yeaaaa thats my work.

Claudia

Reaction score
29 - I own my own business.
I don't make millions, but it pays the bills and I can take road trips whenever I want (well when the kids are not in school :) ), and I can afford the Droid's monthly bill!

jozhua

Reaction score
43 yr old IP video engineer, work for a service provider on the latest Telepresence video systems from Polycom and Cisco, CCNA certified, have been is Telecom for 23 years in various roles.

My company is rolling out Telepresence currently. My dept builds out the routing for it in all the gateways. I haven't personally been trained on it yet, but we got to go to Cisco and see a demo. Really cool stuff.

I'm 33 & in telecom too of coarse!