What does data include?

kookk

Reaction score
My family has always had unlimited so I've never really worried about it but with tiered data taking effect, I need to k ow what data actually includes

Obviously things like app downloads and Pandora and stuff but does it also include texts or picture messages?

Also do things you get over wifi get charged on data?

Sent from my DROID X2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Data only consists of you using the Verizon network for data. Wifi doesn't use their network, so wifi doesn't count. Texts don't use data, and picture messages I don't believe do either but I could be wrong on that (should be rather minimal even if it does use data). Quite a few of the apps use data as well, maybe as they sync in the background. Like e-mails, Google Voice, facebook, and Twitter.

You can log into your Verizon account and see how much data you have used last month, as well as how much you have accessed this month so far (I am pretty sure you can go back more billing cycles too). I believe the MyVerizon app does this as well (it may use your data to check your data though lol).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Obviously things like app downloads and Pandora and stuff but does it also include texts or picture messages?
Nope. That's why you have SMS/MMS bundles sold separately from data.

That said, if you're using Google Voice, GV SMS is data.