What does blue mean?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
What does it mean when 4G is white but wifi is blue? Wifi connected to google servers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

When you have wifi turned on it is the proprietary radio used, so it is connected to Google. Your 4G is acting as backup and will switch to blue quickly after you lose your wifi signal. When you're on the edge I've seen both be blue, but when there's a strong wifi my 3G is white.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's normally green; blue is only used when your connexion is being monitored by a government agency. Federal law requires that citizens be advised of all monitoring activities, and Verizon has decided to use an approved, colour coding system. White means no monitoring, green is monitoring by Verizon or Google services (this is normal; white is usually only when synching or roaming), and blue for government monitoring. You probably got on a list due to a website you surfed; it's actually quite common and nothing to worry about. In fact, I hear the majority of Verizon customers are now in the "blue zone" for monitoring, so I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Not that I doubt you, but where did you get that information, if you don't mind my asking? It's such obscure information that unless you were searching our you happened to read our hear a news report, I wouldn't expect anyone to be aware.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Not that I doubt you, but where did you get that information, if you don't mind my asking? It's such obscure information that unless you were searching our you happened to read our hear a news report, I wouldn't expect anyone to be aware.

I believe he was being funny

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Zandar

Reaction score

I was just messing about. As far as I know, white means available but not connected (could be in the process of connecting, though), blue means connected. Someone earlier said blue meant Google services; not sure about that one.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was just messing about. As far as I know, white means available but not connected (could be in the process of connecting, though), blue means connected. Someone earlier said blue meant Google services; not sure about that one.

You totally had me going! :D LOL! It certainly sounded good...

jdubDROID

Reaction score
Did you immediately root your RAZR? If you did not, how much of a difference does it make? Also, I have heard that people can now put roms on the phone (obviously the bootstrap has been hacked)

Please let me know. Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
The government is watching??? Wow..sounds a little paranoid. Ive now heard it all

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Honestly, all it takes is paying attention. After a reboot, or airplane toggle, or a reconnect to data, your 3g or 4g is white, once you start receiving it turns blue. Very simple

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Hope this hasn't already been covered but the blue coloring means you're logged into your Google acct. When the icon is white you're pulling the data signal but you're not logged onto the Google server yet.

XXPepper

Reaction score
This is probably very basic but I don't know....I've noticed that at certain times the wifi signal and the 4G on my razr go blue...sometimes they're white....why? What does it mean? ... Thanks !!!
The Droid Razr user guide (pg. 10) says that, "Blue connection status icons (network, data, Wi-Fi) appear when your smartphone is synced with your Google™ account. White connection status icons appear when your smartphone is not communicating with the Google servers."

jl0703

Reaction score
Yes. white is connected to the internet, blue is connected to Google servers.Sometimes wifi and 4g/3g wil be blue. From what I understand, this means that background processes are running and updating over the data network.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
White means it's connected & that's it, you can verify yourself by disconnecting your wifi access point/router from the internet.

ryanr509

Reaction score
Blue means background data is on also. If u turn it off the 3g/wifi/4g bars turn white. If u turn background data on they turn blue