What does blue mean?

Ansa82

Reaction score
This is probably very basic but I don't know....I've noticed that at certain times the wifi signal and the 4G on my razr go blue...sometimes they're white....why? What does it mean? I'm having some issues with my router...wifi is sketchy sometimes and goes out because of it...is that why it's changing color? Thanks !!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is probably very basic but I don't know....I've noticed that at certain times the wifi signal and the 4G on my razr go blue...sometimes they're white....why? What does it mean? I'm having some issues with my router...wifi is sketchy sometimes and goes out because of it...is that why it's changing color? Thanks !!!

On my Bionic blue means connected and white means not connected. I would assume the Razr is the same?

(edit) Just remembered I have a custom rom installed so the above may be totally off for the Razr.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score

With my experience on bionic and Razr white is when it is syncing or connecting to a server. Blue is connected. But I have processed while it was white

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Hmmm ok so i see my wifi signal now is blue...but if white means not connected why do i have 3 to 4 bars on my 3G? I thought when there are bars its connected? Or because wifi is connected 4G is like in the background?
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense...thank you!

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Oops i meant i have 3 to 4 bars on 4G

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Bars have to do with your voice connection. Those measure the connectivity for voice, SMS and such not your signal strength for data. You can rock 5 bars and have no data connection

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

Shockwave2.3.5

Reaction score
Blue means your background data is on....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
White means connected, as in you have data and can surf the web. Blue means connected to Google's servers.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok...so both blue & white are fine then? Just mean different things

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
White means connected, as in you have data and can surf the web. Blue means connected to Google's servers.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

Best answer!

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
What does it mean when 4G is white but wifi is blue? Wifi connected to google servers?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What does it mean when 4G is white but wifi is blue? Wifi connected to google servers?

I'd have to assume so. You can be connected to Google's server on either WIFI or cellular, 3G or 4G. His was the only explanation that seemed to make sense. I'm not saying it's right, just that it sounds plausible.

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Last night I read somewhere online that Verizon has wifi always show up in blue when connected? Wonder if this is true. Anyways...thanks all. I get the whole white/blue thing better now.

Zandar

Reaction score
It's normally green; blue is only used when your connexion is being monitored by a government agency. Federal law requires that citizens be advised of all monitoring activities, and Verizon has decided to use an approved, colour coding system. White means no monitoring, green is monitoring by Verizon or Google services (this is normal; white is usually only when synching or roaming), and blue for government monitoring. You probably got on a list due to a website you surfed; it's actually quite common and nothing to worry about. In fact, I hear the majority of Verizon customers are now in the "blue zone" for monitoring, so I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Last edited: