What does a nandroid backup save?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FishMann, Jan 10, 2011.

1. FishMann

FishMann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it backup the current ROM? I am currently still on droidmod (2.0.1 baby!), but the times they are a changing and its time to move forward. Say I flash cyanogen but for whatever reason im not satisfied with something. Can I just wipe everything and do a restore to get back to Droidmod?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. FishMann

FishMann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or another way to ask this might be:
    Does rom manager really do anything other than provide a nice UI to work from?

3. Jeyman

Jeyman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Anything Rom manager does can be done via your recover program/terminal emulator.

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes. But I doubt you'll be dissatisfied. Just make sure . . .

. . . . . you do the wipe before installing cyanogenmod and install the gapps as well. I like rom manager because of the way I can tell it what to do, set my phone down and do something else, then next thing I know, my phone is booted with the new rom.

But on my last install of cyanogen, I used rom manager to 'backup my current rom', that way I could add to the name to personalize it some. Then after the phone rebooted, I booted into recovery and (i had downloaded cm and gapps with my pc and xfer'd them myself to my sdcard) selected factory data rest, then flash rom from sdcard, selected the cm rom. Once it was done, and before rebooting the phone, I did it again (flash rom from sdcard) and selected the gapps. I did it again for a couple of other things, but that's hot important for my answer to you here. Just use the power button to back out and then reboot your phone, sign back into your google account, and now THIS is IMPORTANT:

I believe the apps restore got much more robust with Froyo (or did it even exist in Eclair?). Anyways, my best solution is to set the phone down and LEAVE IT ALONE UNTOUCHED until you see a 'xxx applications restored' message in your notification bar. Otherwise, you will end up with some really wonky stuff going on with your market.

I use MyBackupPro to backup my apps and then restore those that don't get auto restored and to backup my sms, mms, call log, and bookmarks as well.

good luck

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  5. FishMann

FishMann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously I already have sprecovery flashed. Can i just go ahead and flash clockwork over it without problems?

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes. 10char

Search tags for this page
does a nandroid backup save ringtone files?
how does nandroid backup work
nandroid backup faq
nandroid backup what does it do
what does a nandroid backu save

what does a nandroid backup save

what does nandroid back up?

what does nandroid backup save

what is saved in nandroid
where does nandroid store on anroid