eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Tt
Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen ;)

in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag :) the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

AS i said i was reading about the sip and thats the feature i want :)

Eagle,
What the heck is "sip"?....please don't laugh(even on the inside) about my nooby ignorance lol
Thanks
Cara
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

VOIP and SIP News: Android Gingerbread to allow VoIP calls

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
Tt
in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag :) the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

Eagle,
What the heck is "sip"?....please don't laugh(even on the inside) about my nooby ignorance lol
Thanks
Cara

VOIP and SIP News: Android Gingerbread to allow VoIP calls

Ahhh,nice :) that is a pretty awesome feature to have :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
SIP built in is like a wet dream. I am using Fring for my sip calls and avoiding that with a built in SIP would be un real. Would it have texting capabilities through the SIP line as well ?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Eagle
What about the whole NFC thing, is that part of gingerbread or were the release notes mistaken?
Because to me that is even cooler than anything SIP.
As there are no apps that replicate NFC, at least from what I have read.
Does anyone know about NFC or have I been going down the wrong path and totally going off of something I read incorrectly?
Anyone?
Bueller?

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
Eagle
What about the whole NFC thing, is that part of gingerbread or were the release notes mistaken?
Does anyone know about NFC or have I been going down the wrong path and totally going off of something I read incorrectly?
Anyone?
Bueller?

I'm pretty sure NFC is a dream of the future. Someday you will be able to use NFC similar to the way you can wave your rfid enabled credit card in front of the scanner at the checkout at the grocery store.

The big question is how useful will that be? Not much in my opinion.

gambit07

Reaction score
Eagle
Anyone?
Bueller?

It does support NFC but you have to have the hardware as well, Droid doesn't. And yeah eagle SIP does look awesome!

gambit07

Reaction score
I have run gingerbread
the faster is in your head unless you haven't been running sourcery. :)
But the built in sip is the feature noone has mentioned that i think is the flash of gingerbread.
Dont forget these people are over clocking the roms out of the box. we will continue to show you stable speed at 600 with it being your choose to go higher. guess what i know a rom that seems to just kick ass but when you see what its clocked at there is a reason why.

We will go with what the majority wants. which is leaning highly to gingerbread. which will be fine. Just take time.

Sourcery 2.0 was put into Beta tonight. that means main features of the rom itself are in but additions externally still to be added. graphics/ui cleaning up and testing. once we hit RC than all the themes need to be reported but we will do this like with the rest get them as good as we can so we can release than fix them for you as we go.

Its still a ways off but wanted to keep you updated. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen ;)

Yeah I should have clarified there, I meant more graphic intensive games like Nova, Dungeon Hunters, etc.. stuff like doodle jump runs fine on froyo. But games are getting more graphically intense for android especially recently and I think the move to GB keeps the droid current and more able to run them, also GB isn't completely optimized yet so I'm sure it'll only get better!

huntmorgan2

Reaction score
The most fun I had with any of the gbrs that are out right now was the old tube TV looking shutoff. I think that sourcery is the king of froyo right now, so I say stick with what's hot till it's not.

nornevrder

Reaction score
You know I may have to revert my first comment. I have been playing with LGB and have had some fun with it. It is super smooth. Sourcery will be my daily driver but I will be playing with LGB. I can only imagine on what you guys will be able to do once you get your magic hands on GB

Ozzie

Reaction score
...pretty much how I feel too. This is a very solid rom and even though I was not initially onboard with GB, I've seen some really fabulous potential...great graphics, speed, and battery life that's hard to believe.
Love to see you guys get in there and tackle some of the issues the others are having.