What Do You Want To See?

Mmracing

Reaction score
I love my FULLY functional ViewSonic GTablet. You guys/gals need to go over to XDA and do some research.

moosez3

Reaction score
7 inches is too small, I dont want a tab that I can fit in my pocket, I want a tab that I can fit in a back pack... like an iPad, just the iPad isnt powerful enough.
If the iPad is too bulky then I dont know why the H3ll im carrying a MBP around... but seriously anything under 5 pounds is light for me I walk around with my mbp in one hand and using it with the other, the iPad cant be that bad...

In a year or two there will be 10-13" tabs that have the capabilities of laptops, ill wait till then I think my OG and MBP can handle the rest for now...

DaHarder

Reaction score
I love my FULLY functional ViewSonic GTablet. You guys/gals need to go over to XDA and do some research.

I did a lot more than merely 'research' the Viewsonic G-Tablet - I Actually Bought One, and after experiencing the absolutely horrendous viewing angles of that display (a serious failing on a slate/tablet device), sluggish/amateuristic UI overlay, and the even heavier than my iPad weight... Back To Sears It Went.

Opinions differ on these matters, and mine is that the Samsung Galaxy Tab much better represent the true potential of an Android slate/tablet in every way without having to hack anything or jump through a single hoop to make it a pleasureable users experince.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

{Snip}

Opinions differ on these matters, and mine is that the Samsung Galaxy Tab much better represent the true potential of an Android slate/tablet in every way without having to hack anything or jump through a single hoop to make it a pleasureable users experince.

I see your point, but would offer that there are many here among us who actually *enjoy* tinkering with one of the less expensive Android tablets. Having it perfect out of the box is not only more expensive (as is the Galaxy Tab) but removes the FUN from the experience. I purchased a Maylong M-150 tablet for $100.00 and I'm having a ball rooting it and in general tinkering with it. :icon_ banana:

My two cents worth.

-Mike

My two

HarshReality

Reaction score
I'd like to append to my previous post.. I'd love it if apps like the mms where changed in such a manner that they could do messaging over wifi. I think I should maybe take stock as my service is off ATM to find out exactly what uses wifi instead of data. IMHO the thing should work completely but for the phone itself (for that we have skype :p)

Big_Ron

Reaction score
I've played with both. the big thing i want is a wifi version only. i read that best Buy was supposed to have on by xmist. but i ask my local best buy and they know nothing about it. other wise well giant ipod you met the king. I'm i the navy and on a ship space is a big deal its the perfect size to watch movies in my rack. i can use it in port to skape the wife. dancedroid

UNC

Reaction score
I'd like to append to my previous post.. I'd love it if apps like the mms where changed in such a manner that they could do messaging over wifi. I think I should maybe take stock as my service is off ATM to find out exactly what uses wifi instead of data. IMHO the thing should work completely but for the phone itself (for that we have skype :p)

Does Google Voice give you SMS over WiFi, or does it only work over 3g?

whatllitbenext

Reaction score
One of the biggest differences I've found/appreciate between my iPad and Galaxy Tab is the endless number of UI customization options afforded by Android.

My iPad never really felt/feels like something uniquely my own, no live widgets, no icon spacing option, nothing but what Apple says it can be, but my Galaxy Tab looks/functions/feels like something I actually created, and has become my primary larger-screened 'on the go' gadget as a result.

Amen, DaHarder.

[QUITE=dominick_7]I want a 4.8 to 5 inch like a nice EVOish wide device (not a thin and long Droid X like device) that has an amazing non OMLED or non LED screen but VGA, 500GBs of capacity or more, or better yet an SSD replaceable hard drive that comes with say 32GBs but you can upgrade it to 500GBs, that has Android, 3g/4g, AND phone capabilities unlike the Galaxy S. HDMI out, 1080p video capability, a front facing camera, kickstand, Gorilla Glass and a vertical sliding qwerty would be nice, but the latter likely won't happen.[/QUOTE]

...and GSM.

deep_powder

Reaction score
I'm using the android 2.3 keypad to typ this message right now!

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite 2.2 using TapaTalk

deep_powder

Reaction score
And still I managed to screw up! Oh well, the point is that it's 1 more thing that the g tablet can do right now.
I'm using the android 2.3 keypad to typ this message right now!