What Do You Want To See?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Rodvette23

Rodvette23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally wish the galaxy tablet was 9.7 or 10 inches like the ipad is, I feel 7 is too small. just my opinion.

2. sillyrabbitt123

Ratings:
    +0
    i have an archos 70 while its not perfect for 250 its incredible.

the size is awesome i wouldnt want anything bigger ever. not that i do it but it can fit in a suit pocket or in the back of your jeans pocket (if need be) and that a big thing to free up your hands in my book.

2011 things are going be awesome but 7" tabs are great.

3. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable with your purchase decision, but my Samsung Galaxy Tab offers some 3 times the viewable area of my DROID X (making it great for the www, videos, email, document creation/viewing, et al), while supporting the Android Market, ALL Google certified apps (including GPS with turn-by-turn directions, mobile hotspot functionality, etc.) as well as constant 3G connectivity right out of the box/sans any hacking/tethering.

Given that I already own 3 other 10 inch tablet devices (in addition to my iPad), I'm more than aware of the size/weight/functional differences of these larger devices when compared to my Galaxy Tab, and they are rather substantial for those desiring to utilize their table/slate devices on-the-go.

Happy Holidays.

4. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it'll be interesting to see how tablet evolution goes. I don't think there's enough differentiation in size going from a Droid X/EVO to a Galaxy. Also, note that Acer will be releasing a 5" screen phone shortly. In light of all the large-screened phones that are out (and the bigger ones that are confirmed for realease) the Galaxy is kinda the exact wrong size, because when you compare it to them now it's the cumbersome one. As the Galaxy can't offer the laptop-similar experience of a 10" screen tablet, it really struggles with an identity crisis.

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite 2.2 using TapaTalk

5. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2

Its 'identity' is that of a much-larger-display-than-smartphone device, that offers 100% one-the-go portability/connectivity, all while being easily controlled/operated while holding it in one hand, which is NOT something that's remotely feasible with something as large/heavy as a Viewsonic G Tablet/iPad.

As for this nonsensical claim that it/7-inch tablet/slate devices, "really struggles with an identity crisis"... There are some 1 Million + Galaxy Tab owners who demand to differ.

6. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's only due to Samsung marketing and Black Friday specials. When the next wave of tablets hits, the Galaxy is going to be eclipsed - we're going to see far more people going with those. Unfortunately, the Galaxy was rushed to market in an attempt to gain early market share dominance (mostly on paper). Just wait until Motorolla releases their tablet, you'll see.

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite 2.2 using TapaTalk

7. Mmracing

Mmracing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love my FULLY functional ViewSonic GTablet. You guys/gals need to go over to XDA and do some research.

8. moosez3

moosez3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    7 inches is too small, I dont want a tab that I can fit in my pocket, I want a tab that I can fit in a back pack... like an iPad, just the iPad isnt powerful enough.
    If the iPad is too bulky then I dont know why the H3ll im carrying a MBP around... but seriously anything under 5 pounds is light for me I walk around with my mbp in one hand and using it with the other, the iPad cant be that bad...

In a year or two there will be 10-13" tabs that have the capabilities of laptops, ill wait till then I think my OG and MBP can handle the rest for now...

9. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I did a lot more than merely 'research' the Viewsonic G-Tablet - I Actually Bought One, and after experiencing the absolutely horrendous viewing angles of that display (a serious failing on a slate/tablet device), sluggish/amateuristic UI overlay, and the even heavier than my iPad weight... Back To Sears It Went.

Opinions differ on these matters, and mine is that the Samsung Galaxy Tab much better represent the true potential of an Android slate/tablet in every way without having to hack anything or jump through a single hoop to make it a pleasureable users experince.

10. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +552
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    I see your point, but would offer that there are many here among us who actually *enjoy* tinkering with one of the less expensive Android tablets. Having it perfect out of the box is not only more expensive (as is the Galaxy Tab) but removes the FUN from the experience. I purchased a Maylong M-150 tablet for $100.00 and I'm having a ball rooting it and in general tinkering with it. :icon_ banana:

My two cents worth.

-Mike

My two

11. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to append to my previous post.. I'd love it if apps like the mms where changed in such a manner that they could do messaging over wifi. I think I should maybe take stock as my service is off ATM to find out exactly what uses wifi instead of data. IMHO the thing should work completely but for the phone itself (for that we have skype :p)

12. Big_Ron

Big_Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've played with both. the big thing i want is a wifi version only. i read that best Buy was supposed to have on by xmist. but i ask my local best buy and they know nothing about it. other wise well giant ipod you met the king. I'm i the navy and on a ship space is a big deal its the perfect size to watch movies in my rack. i can use it in port to skape the wife. dancedroid