What Do You Want To See?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Dec 4, 2010.

1. mrksbrd

mrksbrd Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3
    Twitter:
    mrksbrd
    IMO VZW dump the apple lineup, present & future. Leave us with Android related stuff only, who honestly would dump their open Android OS for a apple locked IOS?? Don't get me wrong I love and own a Macbook & wife has an Ipad, but both were bought from Apple Directly why would anyone pay more just because it has the Verizon stamp on it.....NOT ME !!!!, but as far as a phone.....hands down Android

2. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Every new Android device is locked down.... jeez it gets tiring spelling that out!

iPhone/iPad/iPod touch must be jailbroken just like Android must be "rooted".... there is NO difference. Jeebus.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. DroidMastar2

DroidMastar2 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    IMO it's not that mazing. The Samsung Fascinate is better than this tablet. Especially when you compare the price/quality of merchandise. I wouldn't touch this tablet unless it was about $200 - $250...

4. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Going by this, the galaxy tab is the same as a big galaxy s minus calling... Just sayin, if you're gonna compare, compare em unbiased-ly, or whatever the word is lol

5. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Good, Then Don't Buy One... All the more Galaxy Tabs for those who appreciate its excellence, priced fairly/competitively. dancedroid

Note: Sent from the owner of both a Samsung Galaxy Tab and a Samsung Fascinate.... which happens to be a fine Android device but hardly a Galaxy Tab equal/competitor.

6. dominick_7

dominick_7 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I want a 4.8 to 5 inch like a nice EVOish wide device (not a thin and long Droid X like device) that has an amazing non OMLED or non LED screen but VGA, 500GBs of capacity or more, or better yet an SSD replaceable hard drive that comes with say 32GBs but you can upgrade it to 500GBs, that has Android, 3g/4g, AND phone capabilities unlike the Galaxy S. HDMI out, 1080p video capability, a front facing camera, kickstand, Gorilla Glass and a vertical sliding qwerty would be nice, but the latter likely won't happen.

7. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Viewsonic G Tablet crushes both of them with TnT Lite 2.0X - get yourself over to XDA!

8. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quadrant scores of 2600! (it's got the Tetra 2)

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite 2.2 using TapaTalk

9. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and the bootloader is 100% unlocked - this device (the Viewsonic) is OURS!

10. DaHarder

DaHarder Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's all good and well that you're so in love with your Viewsonic G-Tablet's specs, but at this point it has NO Android market access, and the dimensions (Width: 10.5", Height: 6.8", Depth: 0.54", Weight: 1.55 lbs.) make it every bit as big, bulky, heavy and ungainly to carry around as the iPad, which (for me) completely defeats the purpose of a go-anywhere tablet/slate device.

Enjoy you 'Home Tablet', but I (and obviously some 1 million others) require a larger-screened device that's actually a portable/practical size and weight e.g the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

11. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DaHarder, you couldn't be more incorrect!! The Viewsonic does indeed have FULL market access - like I said, go educate yourself over at XDA. The size is simply a matter of preference. The Viewsonic is MUCH faster and more powerful than the Galaxy (and about $200 less expensive AND you don't have to sign a contract to get one).

12. deep_powder

deep_powder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And, DaHarder, seriously? - poratability? The Viewsonic is quite a bit smaller than the iPad and the Galaxy is really only slightly smaller than the Viewsonic (and you just WiFi Tether it to your Droid). If anything, you've really only made an argument for owning an EVO or a Droid X.