What Do You Want To See?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

The iPad and Galaxy Tab are two great tablets, and we have the pleasure of playing with both for a few days. Santa Claus has come to our home a bit early and he wore a Verizon Wireless red track suit and in the bag was the Galaxy Tab, one of the best devices I have ever held in my hand. The iPad was also in there, but I was not as excited for that since I mean it is basically my iPod with a huge screen. Regardless, we want your opinion on what sort of review you would like to see from us, and what kind of comparison you might enjoy reading.

So guys please reply and let us know. I also have a continuum here for review, so expect some articles of that. And don’t worry; Santa will come to you too dressed as a Droidforums giveaway article, so look out for those.

Last edited:

VannMann

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new android tabs start rolling out. maybe a Droid tab even.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Id love to get my hands on an android tab that at the least does what the D1 is capable of.. but I just got things straight so I dont loose my house so funds are lacking at the least. One thing I have noticed is that while tablets are larger the resolution isnt going up by leaps and bounds.. in most cases you exchange a larger screen for storage or resolution.. One would think that since the device is larger they could at least put the hardware from a smaller package in the thing...

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new android tabs start rolling out. maybe a Droid tab even.

Same here i am waiting for an Official Droid Tab to come out. I want something with power and better dual cameras also. Samsungs is just to tiny and Ipad well, I agree its just a bigger ipod nothing special about it. But I still want a droid tab. I boycott anything apple any chance I get.

Vortec6

Reaction score
Well is the Gal tab not like a droid with a giant screen? Not saying that's bad or anything, just curious about features that make it more than that.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I want a 10" Android tablet. I'm not pulling out my wallet until I see one with the fit and finish of the iPad or Gal Tab.

soops

Reaction score
Review

I'm looking at an archos internet tablet or the G-tab. Is the G-tab 3G or wi-fi version? I'm only considering the wi-fi since I don't want any monthly payment. Lots of ppl prefer the ipad or just a 10" tablet but I'm beginning to think 7" maybe more useful to walkaround the house. 8" is good but Acer won't sell for awhile.

What I like to know is real world battery life test as well as if it can access the marketplace (for G-tab). Also how is the speaker sounds. thanks.

Rodvette23

Reaction score
Well is the Gal tab not like a droid with a giant screen? Not saying that's bad or anything, just curious about features that make it more than that.

I agree with you, from what I know the android tablet is just like any droid product out there but with a bigger screen, similar to how the ipad is a bigger version than the itouch. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

DaHarder

Reaction score
One of the biggest differences I've found/appreciate between my iPad and Galaxy Tab is the endless number of UI customization options afforded by Android.

My iPad never really felt/feels like something uniquely my own, no live widgets, no icon spacing option, nothing but what Apple says it can be, but my Galaxy Tab looks/functions/feels like something I actually created, and has become my primary larger-screened 'on the go' gadget as a result.

UNC

Reaction score
attachment.php

The iPad and Galaxy Tab are two great tablets, and we have the pleasure of playing with both for a few days. Santa Claus has come to our home a bit early and he wore a Verizon Wireless red track suit and in the bag was the iPad, one of the best devices I have ever held in my hand.The Samsung Galaxy Tab was also in there, but I was not as excited for that since I mean it is basically my Galaxy S with a huge screen. Regardless, we want your opinion on what sort of review you would like to see from us, and what kind of comparison you might enjoy reading.

Yay, being silly is fun!

swallman

Reaction score
I'm looking at an archos internet tablet or the G-tab. Is the G-tab 3G or wi-fi version? I'm only considering the wi-fi since I don't want any monthly payment. Lots of ppl prefer the ipad or just a 10" tablet but I'm beginning to think 7" maybe more useful to walkaround the house. 8" is good but Acer won't sell for awhile.

What I like to know is real world battery life test as well as if it can access the marketplace (for G-tab). Also how is the speaker sounds. thanks.

You might want to checkout the Barnes and Noble Nook Color. The screen is way better than the Archos. It just got root access and the guys over at XDA have been working on getting other apps installed. Only $ 249, no contract required.

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the galaxy tab... its perfect... you can operate it comfortably with both hands the ipad is just a bit too large and boring. The 2 app screens then the message screen is just too basic for me. The screen on the Gtab is nice and its crazy responsive. If it weren't for the ticket on that thing I'd be all over it.... also I thought it was going to be phone capable as well?

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
IMO VZW dump the apple lineup, present & future. Leave us with Android related stuff only, who honestly would dump their open Android OS for a apple locked IOS?? Don't get me wrong I love and own a Macbook & wife has an Ipad, but both were bought from Apple Directly why would anyone pay more just because it has the Verizon stamp on it.....NOT ME !!!!, but as far as a phone.....hands down Android

UNC

Reaction score
Every new Android device is locked down.... jeez it gets tiring spelling that out!

iPhone/iPad/iPod touch must be jailbroken just like Android must be "rooted".... there is NO difference. Jeebus.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I love the galaxy tab... its perfect... you can operate it comfortably with both hands the ipad is just a bit too large and boring. The 2 app screens then the message screen is just too basic for me. The screen on the Gtab is nice and its crazy responsive. If it weren't for the ticket on that thing I'd be all over it.... also I thought it was going to be phone capable as well?

IMO it's not that mazing. The Samsung Fascinate is better than this tablet. Especially when you compare the price/quality of merchandise. I wouldn't touch this tablet unless it was about $200 - $250...