What do you think?

cdguylhs

Reaction score
My contract with Verizon expires on July 5th. I really want to upgrade to a 4G phone. What are the chances that I will have any other 4G phones to pick from by July 5th?

tbolt1125

Reaction score
I think you should read the forums on each 4G phone on Verizon and see which best fits you

For example,
HTC thunderbolt, Droid charge and depending on when the bionic comes out

sent from the bolt

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you need out of a phone. I would urge you to try out each phone multiple times at different stores. And do not let a sales person give you their input. You want an unbiased opinion.

I would personally wait and see what else comes out. You want a future proof phone if verizon makes u keep it for 20 months. The 4g phones that are out now are decent but rely on a lot of old technology.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also check reviews for each phone at phonearena, droid life, engadget and on youtube. Too bad the TB is having issues and their is no hdmi because it really has the best specs out of the 4g phones.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
C

cdguylhs

Reaction score
I don't need an HDMI. I don't have an HD TV. I would just be using the phone to talk about 2 hours a day, send about 20 text messages and maybe check my facebook or get online for 10-20 minutes a day.

kenbiz

Reaction score
I don't need an HDMI. I don't have an HD TV. I would just be using the phone to talk about 2 hours a day, send about 20 text messages and maybe check my facebook or get online for 10-20 minutes a day.

If that's all your doing what's the need for a 4g phone? Save your money and get a HD TV..LOL

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If that's all your doing what's the need for a 4g phone? Save your money and get a HD TV..LOL

+1. You barely would use the functionality of a 3g phone.

kenbiz

Reaction score

+1. You barely would use the functionality of a 3g phone.

LOL, right. I gotta MOTO razor laying around somewhere if u want it.. I'll put a 4g sticker on it and your all set.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My contract with Verizon expires on July 5th. I really want to upgrade to a 4G phone. What are the chances that I will have any other 4G phones to pick from by July 5th?
Pretty slim. It seems that there are typically leaks and/or announcements for a one month timeframe. I wouldn't count on anything but I don't shop based on rumors to begin with.

I would just be using the phone to talk about 2 hours a day, send about 20 text messages and maybe check my facebook or get online for 10-20 minutes a day.
Why do you think you want 4G based on these needs? I'm not saying "Don't get it". 4G would make web browsing faster and offer a little bit of future proofing.

OP
C

cdguylhs

Reaction score
Pretty slim. It seems that there are typically leaks and/or announcements for a one month timeframe. I wouldn't count on anything but I don't shop based on rumors to begin with.

I would just be using the phone to talk about 2 hours a day, send about 20 text messages and maybe check my facebook or get online for 10-20 minutes a day.
Why do you think you want 4G based on these needs? I'm not saying "Don't get it". 4G would make web browsing faster and offer a little bit of future proofing.

I want a 4G for the faster browsing on the internet and I also travel some where I use the GPS and Stream Pandora at the same time. I also like gadgets. I tried the 4G a few weeks back and was very impressed with it. I guess I also like the future proofing thing as well. Also I don't want to lose my contract with Verizon and get stuck with a Tier data plan. Also (I know this has been random) there have been times where I was on a phone call and needed to look something up online and couldn't because my wife was on the computer, so with the 4G I like that I can talk and also get on the internet. I also like the camera in the front. I have a Droid X with an extended battery. There are two things I don't like about the Droid X, I don't like how long it takes the camera to come up, and also that there is no camera on the front. Also sometimes when I tell it to call a contact it will call a different one. happens to me about once a month.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well then you need a phone that can handle simultaneous voice and data. I am not sure if all the 4g phones can, but they should be able to. I think all the 4g phones have a front facing camera. The LG Revo is prolly the fastest, then followed by the TB, then Charge. None of them are slow though. I don't particularly like the LG Revo, because fast processor seems like its only strong point and Bing is the worst of bloatware. Phonearena gave it a terrible review. The reviews for the Charge and TB have been basically good, but the TB is having some software issues for some right now, you may want to see if they get worked out. If battery life, hdmi output and physical buttons are not important to you, and you don't mind some software errors, I'd say the TB is the best option.

OP
C

cdguylhs

Reaction score
Well then you need a phone that can handle simultaneous voice and data. I am not sure if all the 4g phones can, but they should be able to. I think all the 4g phones have a front facing camera. The LG Revo is prolly the fastest, then followed by the TB, then Charge. None of them are slow though. I don't particularly like the LG Revo, because fast processor seems like its only strong point and Bing is the worst of bloatware. Phonearena gave it a terrible review. The reviews for the Charge and TB have been basically good, but the TB is having some software issues for some right now, you may want to see if they get worked out. If battery life, hdmi output and physical buttons are not important to you, and you don't mind some software errors, I'd say the TB is the best option.

I did see where the LG Revo had Bing and I did not like that at all. That is why I didn't get the Samsung Fascinate.
Are there any 3g phones that have a front facing camera? I know the iPhone does but I have heard that if you go from a droid to an iphone you will get really frustrated.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

I did see where the LG Revo had Bing and I did not like that at all. That is why I didn't get the Samsung Fascinate.
Are there any 3g phones that have a front facing camera? I know the iPhone does but I have heard that if you go from a droid to an iphone you will get really frustrated.

iPhone is cool but it doesn't allow widgets or the customization you have on Android unless you jailbreak the iphone. I also believe the Android Os is better at multitasking.

I think the Incredible 2 and Xperia Play are 3g phones with front facing cameras I believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong.