What do you think the next Droid slider will be (if any)?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Do you think there will be a Droid 5? Do you think sliders are useless? Do you think sliders are dead? Will the Droid 4 be the last slider from Moto? Voice you opinions below!

I for one want to see/can't wait for a/the Droid 5.

coconutt

Reaction score
I don't think there will be a 5. If there is, it'd have to have a screen size of today's phones to bring in any kind of revenue. Phones are only getting thinner as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm pretty sure there will be a droid 5, who knows when though. Surprised it hasn't been released yet tbh. There's always going to be a market for phones with keyboards.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I hope there is. It'll have to have a screen size of at LEAST 4.3/4.5 inches. But, with the new tech going into phones, a new high-end slider would be pretty thin. Since newer phones are getting thinner, technology would allow for it.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Bump. Who prefers a slider in addition to virtual keyboards?

cyborgoptic

Reaction score
I prefer virtual keyboards as sliders bulk up the phone a bit. I am a fan of the Droid 4 though. Plus a Droid 5 might be pretty sweet if done right...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give me a slider with a decent keyboard. I don't care if it adds bulk - give me a removable battery, too. I am a man, not a little boy. I have no issues carrying a device over 5/32" thick that weighs more than 1oz.