what do you think is the best rom at the moment?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by iamloco724, Mar 5, 2010.

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 New Member

to many i think to list a poll considering people use old versions as well

so what do you think is the best rom at the moment and why

to qualify as one of the best it must be stable not a stable build but stable that theres not a crazy amount of force close or reboots and no other significant problems

also post what kernel you are using with it
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Nah I take back everything I said about Bugless Beast....CyanogenMod is the best ROM I have ever had so far. Very glad koush built this ROM...cause now the Droid has official Cyanogen support!! Just happened today :)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  3. jbernard703

jbernard703 New Member

Pete's Bugless Beast 2.1 ERE25 Build v.4 is in my humble opinion the best thing that ever happened to my Droid. Its fast, its smooth, its stable, its sweet, its the best. Nate above me also agrees and how can the both of us be wrong. And in case you want to overclock, i suggest the great Chevy's 1.25ghz for ERE25 builds(which is available on this forum). Both of these devs work tirelessly and are very responsive. Thanks Pete, Thanks Chevy:)
  4. iamloco724

iamloco724 New Member

so other kernels that were used on other roms cant be used on the ere25 builds?..and the only kernel out for ere25 is the chevy one?
  5. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

I just have smoked glass v 5.0.1, the only one that uses the install from sir psychos recovery
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Actually SholesMod and DroidMod was the first devs to use the rom.tgz format for their ROMs, so you can deicide and pick all the features you want in your ROM.

AdamZ is the only other dev to do this....

Although, I hear blackdroid is supposed to release a ROM tomorrow that uses that same format also
  7. bacalao

bacalao New Member

I really am having a good experience w/ SS v2.0.2, added blue ESE theme; Stable, fast, and looks great. I had trouble with getting some higher performance kernels to work but the man behind the awesomeness, Chevy, hooked it up. Great support behind all his work.
  8. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ultimate Droid 6.5 BlackDroid, live wallpapers, Sweet dark graphics, tether, overclock, etc... I have had NO issues with this ROM except for media player randomly stopping on videos, which I was told might be a kernel problem... (7 coming out today i think)
  9. shmoo

shmoo New Member

DroidMod v1.0 for me. OC'd to 1.2 with not a problem. I get an FC maybe once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. It runs silky smooth. Best in my book.
  10. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member

droidmod; its a solid rom which works and can easily transition to other roms. Last week I installed Black droid UD v 5.0. Though I will admit a rom built off the 2.1 version is smoother; it had too many bugs. I went back to droidmod; I will wait until they produce a 2.1 rom.
  11. thistle

thistle New Member

Droidmod was solid, then I moved to SS. SS 2.0.2 was decent until I found Cyanogenmod by Koush. This has been the fastest, smoothest rom for me by far but still needs some tweaks imo.
  12. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I don't get it, I'm trying the cyanogen rom right now and it's not smooth nor fast at stock speed. Swype is jaggedy, home takes longer to load/widget to load. And I've noticed my browser scrolling is a lot more choppy. Am I doing something wrong? I installed via rom manager and did a full wipe when it asked.
  13. jr313

jr313 New Member

CyanogenMod w/nextheme for me im running it o.c'd at 1000 its running flawless..i have swype installed also and its very smooth not sure why its not working so well for you..
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  14. meishkov

meishkov New Member

So your using droidmod with one of Chevy's kernels? I can't remember does droidmod even give u the option to overclock?? I rooted with droidmod and used it. Now I'm on smoked glass 5.0 but I'm thinking of switching back to droidmod and just using the smoked glass theme instead. I want to overclock using droidmod, but I don't know which of Chevy's kernels to use. Somebody help me please!!
  15. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Bugless Beast 2.1 V.7 with Chevys 1.1 ghz kernel = Flawless.

I tried Ultimate Droid, but honestly it has way to many issues for the amount of hype its getting.
  16. Sodner

Sodner New Member

I'm using DroidMod and overlocked at 1Ghz with zero, and I mean ZERO problems. Can't compare to others as this is the only one I've tried. That being said, this is so nice I have no reason to try any others.
  17. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Now your using droidmod, now for overclocking u use Chevy's kernel or the one that comes with droidmod??
    in other words I want to go back to droidmod and just use the smoked glass theme instead of the smoked glass rom, and overclock it. Just don't know if I can use one of Chevy's kernels or not
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  18. StealthMode

StealthMode New Member

Cyanogenmod For Droid V5.0.4.1 currently. It's perfect.:greendroid:
  19. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm using Chevy's 2.02 with his 1.2 Ghz 5 slot kernel and with JIT enabled. It is fast, smooth and stable. What more do I need???

I've had no issues, but from reading Chevy's threads about his rom and about his kernels, I can see that his level of support is totally unprecedented in this community. He monitors this board and Alldroid constantly. He provides the quickest responses I've seen. He answers everyone's questions, even the questions involving issues that obviously are not a result of his roms and kernels.

Try his rom and you'll be hooked.
  20. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Bugless beast v0.8 with smoked glass theme and chevyno1 10 1.25ghz kernel..all i can say is that a week ago the latest one out was 0.5...