what do you think about the nexus?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
If you guys like to root and rom the Nexus would be fine. If not, the SGS3 or the Razr Maxx.

OP
tindogify

tindogify

Reaction score
thank you for your information looks like I'm going to go for the galaxy s3.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Love mine and never had a problem with it. Rooted and ROMd of course

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
thank you for your information looks like I'm going to go for the galaxy s3.

Good choice. She'll be a happy woman. I'm preordering one for my wife tomorrow.

Most likely scenario: my wife will eventually end up with my Nexus and I'll upgrade myself to her SIII. ;)

wcjeep

Reaction score
The Nexus is nice. However, going to upgrade the wife to the Galaxy S3 because of shared data.

rizvi

Reaction score
Love my nexus. Worth the price for 400 buck. I think i won't go for galaxy SIII. Pricey and touchwiz. Stock ICS simply better

timrock

Reaction score
honestly, its the worst phone i ever owned. i highly regret buying it. i've had 3 so far. first, no reception at all. even after hard resets, swapping of sim cards, etc. Received the second phone, again, no service, no matter where i went. i kept having to pull the battery. Not to mention, the battery drain. I had a standard and extended. I would take my phone off the charger and 3 minutes later, without me doing anything on it, the battery was down to 95%. So, i send it back. As of right now, i have no 4g service. I took it to a verizon store, it took a half hour to connect. It goes in and out all the time. Some may say its not the phone, just the service, but i have been with verizon for years, and never experienced anything like this. I cant even access tapatalk. My bars go from full to empty. 4g icon to no icon. I will be getting rid of this phone immediately.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would take my phone off the charger and 3 minutes later, without me doing anything on it, the battery was down to 95%.

FYI, this is normal. Charging is programmed this way so that constant charging doesn't destroy the battery.

When you have your phone plugged in and charge it to 100%, the phone will then stop charging. The phone will appear to be charging and show 100% even though it's not. Once the phone drops below 93-95% (whatever it is, I'm not sure) the phone will then recharge itself back to 100% and repeat the process. Every android phone does this in some form to prolong battery life. I rarely pull my phone off the charger and have it at 100%. Usual around 97%.

timrock

Reaction score
ok, but if i take it off the charger, and it shows 100%. then i immediately turn the screen off, without doing anything at all. it will drop? then not to mention, i can check on it 15 minutes later, and its still dropping. mind you, i have not done anything on the phone. wifi and bluetooth are off. no animated wallpaper. no calls, no games or email. Its not the battery, because i have several and it happens with all of them.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of my nexus and don't regret buying it one bit. If she likes tech stuff she will love it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok, but if i take it off the charger, and it shows 100%. then i immediately turn the screen off, without doing anything at all. it will drop? then not to mention, i can check on it 15 minutes later, and its still dropping. mind you, i have not done anything on the phone. wifi and bluetooth are off. no animated wallpaper. no calls, no games or email. Its not the battery, because i have several and it happens with all of them.

Hmm, that's strange. Sounds like bad luck to me. The Nexus isn't without its faults, but your issues are limited to a very small minority. Might be time to jump to a different device.

timrock

Reaction score
Hmm, that's strange. Sounds like bad luck to me. The Nexus isn't without its faults, but your issues are limited to a very small minority. Might be time to jump to a different device.

thats what i plan to do. but don't want to pay full price for it.