What do you plan to do with your OG droid after upgrade?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone tried going into airplane mode then enabling GPS after downloading area maps and seeing if navigation works? I don't know if directions can be preloaded into the phone for offline use, but if GPS works when no wifi and no 3/4G is available then the D1 could be used as a limited GPS device.

However, with a car charger and Bionic in the car...why bother.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
With wifi its an awesome alarm clock on the media dock.

Loaded it with movies too incase I get bored in bed.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With wifi its an awesome alarm clock on the media dock.

Loaded it with movies too incase I get bored in bed.

Even without wifi it is a great alarm clock. I've got a dock next to the bed and have been using it as an alarm pretty much the entire time I've had it.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I plan to have mine bronzed and then I shall place it upon my mantle to admire for years to come.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.
Haha! I was planning on posting something just like this..

Except, I'm in the works of getting my OG Droid plated with with gold and diamonds, so when the sun hits it, a big glow of light surrounds it. ;)

Al Neri

Reaction score
It's getting passed on to my wife. And because of that, she is insisting that I get the Bionic on release day. I will say, that if I don't like the Bionic after playing with it at a store, I'll buy the Droid 3.

Have a good day!!

I tried it and the Droid x2 and liked the droid x2 better.

I know benchmarks arent that conclusive but quadrant scores were considerably higher on the x2 than the bionic.

Doesnt matter because i am stuck with my phone until begining of 2012.. Next time I wont buy a device toward the end of its cycle.

I cant really complain about my OG droid though its running at 1.1ghz and does okay.

Am I reading this correctly? You have had your hands on the Bionic?

hunter9604

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xxturbowesxx
Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher
It's getting passed on to my wife. And because of that, she is insisting that I get the Bionic on release day. I will say, that if I don't like the Bionic after playing with it at a store, I'll buy the Droid 3.

Have a good day!!
I tried it and the Droid x2 and liked the droid x2 better.

I know benchmarks arent that conclusive but quadrant scores were considerably higher on the x2 than the bionic.

Doesnt matter because i am stuck with my phone until begining of 2012.. Next time I wont buy a device toward the end of its cycle.

I cant really complain about my OG droid though its running at 1.1ghz and does okay.
Am I reading this correctly? You have had your hands on the Bionic?

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing! Hmmmm, where's the pics at? LOL

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most probably continue to use it on wifi and keep flashing the ROMs that I know the devs will keep putting out. First phone I've ever kept for 2 years and there's a reason for that haha...i just hope the bionic can be as fun a phone as the OG is.

iamjoe

Reaction score
My 4yr old daughter is going to get it. She already knows my security swipe and can run any app that she wants, so it might as well be hers.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
The wife is getting mine when I upgrade, I am sick and tired of going to leave the house and the battery is run down from her playing angry birds and not putting it back in the charger.

Plus she can use it for jog tracker and an mp3 player when she goes for her runs in the evening.

spikejnz

Reaction score
I've already reset my D1 and I plan on flashing it for use on Cricket and selling it. Those things are going for $150 in my area, and that's without the media dock that I'm going to sell with it!

BTW, the D3 is pretty sweet, but I do have a few bones to pick with Verizon/Motorola.

Insidious

Reaction score
Whoa what you played with the BIONIC?!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
My OG Droid was passed down to my 14 year old son. He's already cracked one carrying case and have lost two battery covers. He wants an upgrade though, since a lot of the games that are coming out in the Android Market doesn't work on the Droid. His line, as well as his brother and sister's, aren't due for upgrades until the end of April. My wife's line is due for an upgrade now, but she already has the Thunderbolt. I'm waiting to see what the Bionic will be like.

kookk

Reaction score
I will keep it so I can always have the greatest phone ever released, the one tthat liberated the smart phone world from apples grip.

I really do love that thing, its amazing that after trying and selling so many phones, the thunderbolt was the only one that could pry me away from my Droid. Says something about the quality of the og Droid.

Sent from my ThunderBolt