What do you make of the "multimedia station"

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by omnibus, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Leftyswinger

Leftyswinger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having this same problem.

When I dock my phone, it automatically docks and goes to the "dim" blue screen setting. When I hit the light bulb, it flashes to the "normal" red screen for a second, and then goes black. I hit where the lightbulb is, and it goes back to dim mode.

I want the normal, red looking, bright screen to show up...it's gone....

It's driving me nuts, I've googled and searched for days, and the only thing I've come up with is:

Trying the camera button to wake
    Application/options/disable sleep while awake setting (or similar)

help...

EDIT: I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! I turned on "Auto Adjust Brightness" in the main settings, and it fixed it.

#25 Leftyswinger, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. legalkill

legalkill Active Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force
    I use mine at work plugged into my computer. It serves as the charger and usb access.

I upgraded to the 2.1 multimedia screen and gallery (non-rooted). That works much better. The black screen with the green times is perfect for night at home (on my homemade lego dock). The cradle is very convienent giving me the full access to the phone and information at work.

Good thing someone posted that discount code and the bundle from verizon a while back; I got car cradle, the dock with a car charger for 32 bucks. I probably would have never bought it at full price, but definitely am glad i have it now.

3. Takieyda

Takieyda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had my Droid about a week and picked up the Media Dock yesterday. I really like the whole idea of it. Especially since I don't like putting my phone down on hard surfaces, bed side stand, even on it's back.

The problem I'm having though is when I dock it, and select Multimedia Station, then the Alarm button it force closes the app. It doesn't do this if I select Clock when I dock it. I'm wondering if this is an issue with something I'm doing or perhaps because I'm running Bugless beast 0.7?

Also, I've noticed a few people say that their docks came with another micro USB cable and USB wall plug. Why'd mine come with a wall charger hard wired with a micro USB end?

Is that discount code still going? :)

4. FormerHPB

FormerHPB New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They must have changed it recently. I got mine right after xmas and it's got the USB cable and USB wall plug.

5. TorchOne

TorchOne New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love my dock

6. Booch_21

Booch_21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the dock with my initial purchase. Also bought the Body Glove to use on the phone. That is now the problem since I would have to remove the Body Glove in order to use the dock. I ended up with Dockrunner instead and let the phone sit on my night stand on the backside while charging. I can just flip the phone up to see it and the brightness isn't in my face. Never had an issue with the weather data coming to it. So I use the quick charge cord and no dock. Had the same issue with my MotoQ and the dock. Once you put any kind of semi-permanent cover on it, docks are no good.

7. legalkill

legalkill Active Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force
    #31 legalkill, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. stdesign

stdesign Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the dock, except that I wish there were more customizations for the color/fonts/type of data displayed. I mean, it's basically what you get is what you get, and that's it. I may be wrong about this, if other themes are available, or if you have to change the look of the Home screens to get the dock to display differently, but I haven't read anything about this yet (and yes, I've searched these forums too). The Droid is a computer that happens to be a phone for cryin' out loud... Why can't we do more customizing for the dock display?!

Search tags for this page

connected to multimedia station

connected to multimedia station motorola droid

connecting to multimedia station droid

droid multimedia station for droid 3

how does the motorola droid docking station work diagram

motorola atrix 2 same dock station

my phone says still connected to multi media station

what does it mean when it says connected to multimedia stati