What do you guys think about the july 2 rumor?

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
There is a new rumor floating around that there is going to be a july 2 release date. All from a frame or two of that teaser clip. I checked it myself and the pictures they are putting up are legit, random effect in the video or intentional placement?

This is a screenshot from my computer of the alleged release date.

07022010.png

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think we will all know within about an hour.

Mojo

Reaction score
I think it was intentional. They have embedded several hidden clues in their adds... I am positive this is another. Kinda marketing genius really, makes it fun! Plus think of how many techies are going to be examining every pre-launch add now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not in the market for a new phone so it comes out when it comes out. Sometimes rumors are true, most of the time they aren't.

OP
P

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I think it was intentional. They have embedded several hidden clues in their adds... I am positive this is another. Kinda marketing genius really, makes it fun! Plus think of how many techies are going to be examining every pre-launch add now.

That's what i was thinking, seems just ambiguous enough to not be suspicious. Well the first poster was right, i mean we will find out soon, but there is still fun trying to guess what is real and not right?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I think if anything July 2nd will be a preorder date. Too soon after today's upcoming announcement for it to be available for sale IMO. But I could be wrong.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to go with Mojo on thi one, now while it could be an artifact of the screenie, the fact that they put in a @Droidlanding backwards in the eye's refelection tying it into the scavenger hunt (I hope to snag one myself, like that will happen...) leaves me thinking that putting in that date is not outside the realm of plausability.

Besides, unless I grab one, I'll be awaiting for the 2nd gen of the 2ghz vaporware monster.

hendrix

Reaction score
it will be released on july 15th. July 2nd may be something to do with the scavenger hunt though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it will be released on july 15th. July 2nd may be something to do with the scavenger hunt though.

Yes we've confirmed the 6/15 date for release. I'm still not in the market for a new Droid.

Why do I keep posting that? To remind myself I don't need one now. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score