What do YOU do to save battery life...

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Nothing really. It lasts me most the day and if the battery is lower than 50% i just plug it in

lol well what if ur not near a charger!? Thats what im trying to get away from....i have a two wall chargers at home, 2 chargers in my car (car charger and extra wall charger) and a charger at work....all in the name of keeping my X powered on! lol id like to use my phone through out the day and not have to worry about plugging it in<<<<not worry as much as possible at least :p i understand that it is a powerful device that uses a lot of power at times.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Screen brightness lowered to about 30% maximum battery life mode enabled, gps always turned off, no email or social networks to check

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Screen brightness lowered to about 30% maximum battery life mode enabled, gps always turned off, no email or social networks to check

Sent from my DROIDX

that reminds me....i always wanted to use the battery savers under battery manager....but, lets say i use maximum, the data turns off in 15 minutes (turns back on if i turn screen on)....does this just mean like email, facebook updates, twitter updates, weather updates, etc...or does this also mean i also wont receive texts?...

jhanford

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Might as well have kept your Moto Razr :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

that reminds me....i always wanted to use the battery savers under battery manager....but, lets say i use maximum, the data turns off in 15 minutes (turns back on if i turn screen on)....does this just mean like email, facebook updates, twitter updates, weather updates, etc...or does this also mean i also wont receive texts?...

Texts come over 1x, like phone calls, so they aren't affected.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

OP
Porterhouse0

Porterhouse0

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Texts come over 1x, like phone calls, so they aren't affected.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

cool thanks

jdella681

Reaction score
I just purchased an extended battery..it's not much thicker and fits most of my cases.. My brightness is set to 30% which is plenty bright and everything its left on except for wifi until I get home from work.. I go about a day and a half on one charge.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
To be honest, ApeX theme is great for battery life as it is. I'm gettin way better battery on my X than D2.. and It's honestly been a lot of it just changing from Squidly ROM (honestly one of the best ROMS made directly for D2 originally) to ApeX. When I am not at home where I have wifi, i leave wifi off.

Here is what I run when I am using phone normally.
I use the power settings widget.

I turn off Wifi, Bluetooth (horrible for battery life), GPS is off (another hog), display brightness is all the way down..its bright enough to see with it still on lowest settings, I basically have everything on the power settings widget set to off. I turn wifi on at home so I am not using 3G so much, but overall, my battery life has been great do to all these things. I went 2 days without charge. I lock the screen when not using it...which disables display..

Dustin.

Reaction score
1. GPS off
2. Bluetooth off
3. Auto Brightness
4. Animations Off
5. Don't use a Task Killer
6. Don't use a Anti Virus
7. Use a dark complected and or single colored background.
8. Keep widgets to a bare minimum
9. Only sync data when connected to WiFi
9. Use WiFi over 3G when possible
10. Elimate a few home screens if you can. (Custom launcher like ADW or LP+)
11. If rooted snag a copy of SetCPU and underclock your phone to 300MHz when screen is off.
12. Set anything that syncs data to only sync every hour to two hours. (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter.)
13. Don't use any apps that say they help conserve battery life.
14. Maybe a custom rom that gets rid of some of your bloatware or use root explorer to rename them.
15. Use Droid Overclock for custom voltages or a lower voltage. If rooted.
16. Enjoy your new battery life.

Let me know if this was helpful information, if you need help with setting up a custom profile for your voltages feel free to PM me. :)

Sent from my DROID X.