What do people want Flash for?

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
On stock clocks, even watching low quality videos kinda sucks. You get fancy flash ads though! Oh boy!

baaldemon

Reaction score
I used it to stream the world cup games.

Other than that I haven't really used it much, but there are occasions where I need it. Like restraunts that have horrible flash based sites, I've needed it to view menus when deciding where to eat. Its not an every day need, but it is nice to know its there for when you stumble upon a flash based page that you need to go to.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SkullOne

Reaction score
On stock clocks, even watching low quality videos kinda sucks. You get fancy flash ads though! Oh boy!

You could just set the plugin to on-demand and use AdFree meaning no ads and only Flash when you want/need it. I see no Flash ads even when Flash is enabled because of AdFree.

GaMeBoY439

Reaction score
I personally want flash to be able to watch videos on my droid, like tons of naruto, one piece, etc. lol. However you're right, the experience is nowhere near good enough to actually do this enjoyably yet, it is ridiculously slow-loading and when it does finally load, it's all choppy. Maybe it'll be better on devices with better specs. I love my Droid, but the technology needs to catch up a bit for full Flash on mobile to be a good thing.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
I mean yes it is nice for those websites that do not have a moblie version but they are few and far between. I just really fail to see any "want" for Flash on my phone. As a mater of fact I go out of the way to block Flash on my laptop so I do not get all the stupid animated ads.

What exactly am I missing out on?
Mostly because I didn't have it and the iPhone doesn't have it and now I have it and the iPhone doesn't. :)

It's juvenile, but honest.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lots of things. I use flash to listen to some flash music streaming sites on my phone when I am away from my computer. I like checking out some websites made in flash like my own. Also, on my lunch breaks I watch full episodes of South Park or the Daily Show or whatever... Its not the best thing, but it works and it's fun.

spillner

Reaction score
App Idea

You know what would be great is an app that can disable flash. So when you want to surf the net and not look at videos you can, without having the stupid adds slow down your speed. When you want to visit a site that needs flash, all you need to do is flip the "on" button before you open the browser.

Thats a money maker right there.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You know what would be great is an app that can disable flash. So when you want to surf the net and not look at videos you can, without having the stupid adds slow down your speed. When you want to visit a site that needs flash, all you need to do is flip the "on" button before you open the browser.

Go into your browsers settings and set Enable Plug-Ins to On Demand. That way videos will only play if you click on them to play and will not start automatically.

spillner

Reaction score

Go into your browsers settings and set Enable Plug-Ins to On Demand. That way videos will only play if you click on them to play and will not start automatically.

does that disable adds?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, and if you use DolphinHD, like everyone should, it only runs a flash item if you click on it to start...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, and if you use DolphinHD, like everyone should, it only runs a flash item if you click on it to start...

I used Dolphin for a bit and it played everything automatically on Flash. I went back to the stock browser for that very reason. Anyway I'm just more comfortable with the stock browser.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3

You could just set the plugin to on-demand and use AdFree meaning no ads and only Flash when you want/need it. I see no Flash ads even when Flash is enabled because of AdFree.

Interesting, I'll try it out.

I was taking a jab at how slow the flash players are, even on pages with no ads :p I wish you could only load the flash item you clicked on in the stock browser.