What do I need to do to sell Droid on Ebay?

Hivoltage

Reaction score
I just hate the keypad on my Droid, and want the new Incredible which has no keypad. I Know what you are asking...( why did you buy the Droid if you hate the keypad?) My wife bought it for me. Anyhow I want to buy an Incredible and sell my Droid on Ebay. What do I need to do to it to sell it on Ebay?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really thing Ebay would be a better place to ask that sort of question. Go to Ebay.com and look at the other Droids to see what they did. Ebay has information on how to sell on their site.

Last edited:
OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
I just want to know how to get my phone number off of it and clear the SD card.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can re-format the sd card and then do a factory reset.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
I would have to see what they are going for....300 at the very most. It has the case/holster verizon sells, a new never opened ZAGG Shield and a car vent holder thingy. In excellent condition....Oh Yeah and a spare battery.

Mojo

Reaction score
As for what you need to do to free your phone number is have a phone you can temporarly use to free your ESN or MEID number. So either (a) purchase the incredible first, activate, and sell your Droid. (b) use a old phone you have for a while. The second option will be the most bill impacting by having to add/remove features. And most likely lead to prorated charges.

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
OK...how do I do a factory reset?

Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset.

Do not do this until you are ready to ship it or activated your Inc.

Is there a reason for this other than I wont have a phone? I have a work phone. Also, if I ordered an Incredible from the Verizon store, does it come ready to use with my phone number on it. I went through the order process and it asked for my phone number. That is as far as I went.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason for this other than I wont have a phone? I have a work phone. Also, if I ordered an Incredible from the Verizon store, does it come ready to use with my phone number on it. I went through the order process and it asked for my phone number. That is as far as I went.

I cant answer your first question, but the answer to the second is no. You need to activate it on your line before you can use it.

joeymoose

Reaction score
There will be a Activation number that will be in the Inc. box that you will call...

OP
Hivoltage

Hivoltage

Reaction score
OK Sweet...so I dont need to go to a Verizon store. I can deactivate my old phone and activate a new one online through my Verizon account or with a phone call.