1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

what do i do before i root?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by droid 10, Jan 26, 2011.

1. droid 10

droid 10 New Member

well i got a droid 2 global a few weeks ago and after playing around with it a little bit i was thinking about rooting it.
    ive been searching for hours and couldnt find the answers to my questions so i decided to post the questions.

1. do i do anything before i root my phone? or do i make a back up and stuff afterwards?

2. after i root what should i do immediately?

3. when using nandroid back ups does it save all the back ups i do? or just the most recent one?

4. is there any extra information that i should know before or after i root?

please keep the answers simple as i do not know much of the rooting lingle yet. but if you would care to post links or explain it would be much appreciated!!

thanks much for the help
  2. DROIDsys

DROIDsys New Member

I only have a OG Droid, so I can't give you in depth directions, but I can answer your questions easily.

1. There's nothing you can do before rooting your phone. Rooting your phone is pretty much what it sounds like. It's giving you administrative(root) access to your phone that you didn't have before.

2.After you root, you'll want to get yourself a custom recovery and make a back up. Then from there you can use ROM's, themes, ect.

3. It saves all of them directly to the sdcard, so the only way you'll lose one is if you delete it yourself.

4. Search button is your friend. Also your phone has a dedicated forum here. Understand though there are risks when doing this to your phone, so if you're not entirely comfortable yet, read up some tutorials, watch some videos on youtube if they're there, until you think it won't be a problem.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...root-custom-recovery-sim-unlock-tutorial.html

Good luck!
  3. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

did you decide to root?

Droid 10, Did you decide to go ahead and go down this path? I also have a D2G and have just started on reading up on this topic and not sure myself. I have an old Droid 1 that I could practice on, but it has no cell service right now, so not sure what the point would be.

The other problem I had is that my anti-virus (Kaspersky) keeps telling me that the download of Z4 is infected, even the link from XDA.

Let me know how you made out.
Search tags for this page
do you need to fast before root
first thing to do brefore rooting my phone
things should be done before root out phone

things to do before rooting

things to do before rooting your phone

things to do before you root

things to know before rooting android
what do i need to do before rooting my phone
what is rooting and should i root my galaxys4

what should i do before i root my phone