What did i do?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by schwannman, Apr 12, 2010.

1. schwannman

schwannman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    okay, so i had 2.1 went back to 2.0.1, rooted, and installed ultimate droid 9.8. everything was fine but i wanted to try a different rom. when i tried to install via nandroid backup i got the status 25 thing. couldnt figure out what i was doing wrong so i downloaded RomManager and installed smoked glass. i also installed ChevyNo1's overclocking kernel. but in setcpu it says that i'm not rooted. i dont like clockworkmod so i tried to install sprecovery via rom managr and it says it cant run privleged commands... also dm updater wont work because it says it doesnt have access... sorry for the long post. just cant figure this out!!

2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds like you lost root in all of your ROM swapping. You should re-root, following whatever instructions you desire or see fit.

3. schwannman

schwannman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks! i actually like juuust got done doing that. finally setcpu works with the chevy kernel. do you guys recommend using a program like rom manager or nandroid or update.zip?

4. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    A lot of people swear by the ROM manager, I'm not really a fan, mostly because when I first started to use it it was pretty crappy and caused more problems than it solved. It's pretty much personal preference, as most Devs release their software for all platforms.

5. schwannman

schwannman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gotcha, and what is the difference in update.zip's and nandroid backups? besides the installation process obviously. last question i promise.

6. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Here is the explanation for error 25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

If this is not the case on your phone then something may have broken your root. Open the SU (ninja icon) and see if there are any files with a green + on the left.

Mike

8. schwannman

schwannman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the link! i would have searched but i got lazy since you were responding quickly lol
    i didn't have any subfolders, i found that answer... yeah i thought that was odd when i opend SU and there wasnt anything there. thanks :)