What did I do?

cnorm5623

Reaction score
so i was on ZapX Ginger 4.3 and got board so i wanted to throw on DS 4.2
so i just tryied the all in one zip that does it all for ya and bricked it. so i sbf back to .340 that part works but when i try to flash .596 so i can then flash the ds 4.2. after i flash .596 i just get the M logo and reboot and that just keeps going till i pull batt. any one got an idea what the heck i did? i even keep sbf back to .340 and trying diff .595s and .596's but no luck they all do the same thing! going on 5 hrs of trying diff things

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
To get from Froyo to .596, you have to install the 2 part files from TBH. To get to .595 from Froyo, you have to install the 3 part .588 files first.

My guess is you are trying to install the 1 part .596 zip that is meant for upgrading from .588, .591 and .595 leaked Gingerbread versions.

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
C

cnorm5623

Reaction score
I was going by the instructions at drewgaren.com under the gingerbread tab. so i will try to find the TBH parts and do it that way

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense, but I have heard only problems from Drew Garen roms...

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

OP
C

cnorm5623

Reaction score
His roms work amazingly well. Never had any problems. The problem came from trying to leave his roms

ABQNM

Reaction score
so i was on ZapX Ginger 4.3 and got board so i wanted to throw on DS 4.2
so i just tryied the all in one zip that does it all for ya and bricked it. so i sbf back to .340 that part works but when i try to flash .596 so i can then flash the ds 4.2. after i flash .596 i just get the M logo and reboot and that just keeps going till i pull batt. any one got an idea what the heck i did? i even keep sbf back to .340 and trying diff .595s and .596's but no luck they all do the same thing! going on 5 hrs of trying diff things

A note to always remember about installing many roms... If it doesn't boot after install, boot to the stock recovery and wipe cache there. That will often work, but sometimes you have to delete data and cache from stock recovery. It will delete all your data but it will usually boot after that. (Note: I have not used any Drew Garen roms, so this may not apply for his ROMs, but it is always a better alternative to an SBF.)