What Did I do Wrong????

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gpguy25, Feb 15, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys I am a nooob when it comes to Android OS. I followed the instructions here http://androidforums.com/how-tips/29204-how-root-install-droid-2-1-a.html The phone is rooted because I can access the root on a terminal app.

Problems:
    1) I did not and do not see "a yellow android as the background and “Patched by SirPsychoS” @ the top"
    2) When I goto recovery mode I do not see backup/restore (All I see is update.zip, wipe cache, wipe partition. There are only 4 options none of which are backup/restore)
    3) I am trying to overclock the droid and I have only gotten this far. How come when I the program SETCPU I do not have the option of going higher then 550mhz.

Everyone keep in mind I am still a noob at this so any info/walkthrus that are dumbed down for morons like me will be of great assistance.
    LINK FIXED

So to clarify I believe the droid is rooted, I have helper tools installed, and I have super user (although it's a black screen; presumably because I havent set permissions)
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Moved to correct sub-forum.
  3. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Sorry about that
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    The link for what you used as a guide doesn't work. So I'm not sure where to start helping.

What ROM did you flash? Have you flashed a ROM after applying root?

What are the 4 options you are seeing in recovery mode? (you only mentioned 3)

Did you delete the update.zip you used to apply root from your SD card and replace it with an "update.zip" for the appropriate ROM you want?

SetCPU.... once a ROM is flashed, you need to open SetCPU and select "auto detect". Do not select Motorola Droid. SetCPU needs to identify what kernel you're using. Don't select Motorola Droid... select "auto detect".
  5. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THE OPTIONS IN RECOVERY THAT I HAVE ARE

1) REBOOT SYSTEM NW
    2) APPLY SDCARD:UPDATE.ZIP
    3) WIPE DATA.FACTORY RESET
    4) WIPE CACHE PARTITION
    AT ABOUT THE MIDDLE OF THE RECOVERY SCREEN IT SAYS E: CAN'T OPEN /CACHE/RECOVERY/COMMAND

This is what is preventing me from doing a nandroid backup I have no options to get there.
  6. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't flashed SPRecovery yet to your phone...thats why you're still seeing the default recovery image.....you haven't installed SPRecovery
  7. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where do I find SPRrecovery? I used the Droid Root Helper that didn't install it?
  8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol...obviously it didn't if you still see the stock recovery screen...and that's what that is...go here, this has all the instructions you need to get SPRecovery...
    Custom Recovery Image
  9. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I installed the SDRecovery and I changed the option to auto detect in SetCPU but I still cannot change it from 550mhz.... Any other tips?
  10. vmescall

vmescall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are only going to be able to overclock your Droid once you have flashed a ROM that supports overclocking. The kernel in the stock ROM does not allow a clock speed higher than 550MHz.
  11. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    you need a custom OC kernel or ROM that includes one...
  12. blake2050

blake2050 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You dont have to flash a custom ROM for that though. If all you are wanting is to overclock your phone then you can still do that by just installing a new kernal. Do a search on this forum for the "how to"..
  13. gpguy25

gpguy25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys I went with evilboot9 then I installed and used smoke 4.1 and downgraded to 900 mhz. It is running pretty smooth now. Thanks for the help.
  14. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    there's some new style kernels out now. Tazkern shows the cpu temp in temp monitor. Sholes has a new one that I believe is based off the newest droid kernel. As did Reverend Yo (which is the one I'm using, it's the only one stable over 1ghz for me). There's a lot more options up this avenue than there were when you even originally asked this question