What did I do wrong?

sigua

Reaction score
Last night I decided I'd had enough of CM7 eating my battery and not letting me record video, so I sbf'd and did the two step tbh gingerbread update, and then installed aosp liberty.

Today at work, I didn't want to take the time to set everything back up on my phone, so I tried restoring a backup I made before I went to CM7. It was on the same rom as I was currently on, so I figured it would be the quick way to do it.

I ran the restore, and then when it rebooted, the phone just kept rebooting at the Google logo over and over. I figure once I get home I'll just sbf again and set everything up manually.

I'm wondering why the restore didn't work, since I wasn't even changing ROMS. What do I need to know about restoring so this won't happen in the future?

Dullawolf

Reaction score
not sure if this is why or not, but did you do a factory wipe/data reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik before you swapped over to the backed up rom.

I dont know why it should be a problem because i have swapped back and forth between ginger breads roms before without having to do so. but these phones can be picky at times.

OP
S

sigua

Reaction score
not sure if this is why or not, but did you do a factory wipe/data reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik before you swapped over to the backed up rom.

I dont know why it should be a problem because i have swapped back and forth between ginger breads roms before without having to do so. but these phones can be picky at times.

No, I forgot to wipe, I figured it wouldn't make a difference since I wasnt' switching roms.

barski

Reaction score
what program did you use to back up? I used to use mybackup pro all the time for backing up everything and restoring it on new roms. But now i just use it to backup and restore call logs and texts.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
i use titanium back for for backing up my apps and app data and i use the clockworkmod's rom manager to back up my roms.

OP
S

sigua

Reaction score
i use titanium back for for backing up my apps and app data and i use the clockworkmod's rom manager to back up my roms.

Same here.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums