What did I do to my icons?

edub23

Reaction score
So, I did something to my new Droid X. On the home screen, it doesn't have any text underneath the icons any longer, the launch icon is on the right side instead of the bottom of the screen, and when I select the launch icon, all my app icons are squished together. I have no idea what I did or how to fix it. Thoughts? Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting the phone? Also are you rooted and have you messed with density?

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

edub23

Reaction score
I did a soft reboot, I guess, by holding down the power button until the phone turned off Haven't tried reseating the battery or anything. No density messing, at least intentionally. This was totally an accident.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using a Droid x? I've heard about a handful of dxs having the home screen dock move to the side but a reboot always fixed it. As for the lack of words under the icons that can happen if you change the lcd density or if you use an alternate launcher and choose to exclude them. That last part is new to me though and I'm quite confused as to what would cause them all to happen simultaneously. If you're rooted can you post a screenshot? Also if all else fails you might try a factory reset to see if that fixes it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
E

edub23

Reaction score
Thanks

to all...After about the third (fourth?) hard reboot, things are working properly. Still no idea what happened -I'm not rooted, and therefore haven't touched the density, at least on purpose.