What devs have started ICS roms???

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just a curious friendly discussion. Have any devs started working on ICS roms? If you want to post great, if you don't want to say I repect that. Just curious who got started when the info was released.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
That's good to know. Once Cyanogen starts, everybody starts! Anybody else???

illmatic636

Reaction score
That's good to know. Once Cyanogen starts, everybody starts! Anybody else???

Very true, Cyanogenmod Team have begun building CM9 ICS, however, I do not think the D1 will be included.
But, I did hear something about CushZero putting an ICS Rom together. Hopefully it is a legit ICS Rom and not a Themed GB rom.

I'm trying to hold off stick with liquid 3.2 until Cush puts it out. Click the link below

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cushzero/181087-cushzero-2-3-7-a.html

Last edited:
OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
I kind of had a feeling that it would most likely not come to the D1. Although, like I said before, nobody though GB was gonna amount to anything on the D1. I'm rockin Liquid 3.2 as well and have it set up as ICS as I can get until the Galaxy Nexus comes out. But I would still love to see some ICS roms come out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I kind of had a feeling that it would most likely not come to the D1. Although, like I said before, nobody though GB was gonna amount to anything on the D1. I'm rockin Liquid 3.2 as well and have it set up as ICS as I can get until the Galaxy Nexus comes out. But I would still love to see some ICS roms come out.

Problem with ICS on OG Droid is hardware limitations. I just don't think the OG Droid has enough power to make it run smoothly at least. /shrug

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Problem with ICS on OG Droid is hardware limitations. I just don't think the OG Droid has enough power to make it run smoothly at least. /shrug

exactly... the droid 1 can barely run gingerbread with any success.

basically once cyanogenmod finishes with his ICS build you will see alot of other devs with them since most other devs use cyanogen code in one way or another.

OP
jchammer123

jchammer123

Reaction score
exactly... the droid 1 can barely run gingerbread with any success.

basically once cyanogenmod finishes with his ICS build you will see alot of other devs with them since most other devs use cyanogen code in one way or another.

Have you ran a GB rom on the D1 in a while??? I've been running GB roms since they were released and in the last 6 months, the GB roms are near perfect. I wouldn't ever consider going back to a Froyo rom. That's not saying that ICS can run on the D1 though.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think a ICS rom is very possible on D1, its just a matter of trimming the tree so to speak. probably be bare bones at first then enhanced later on or it could be all heavy at first and enhanced later on. Either way i believe we wont see ICS on the D1 until google releases another piece of info regarding how to port ICS to the Nexus S. When it comes to the Nexus S that is when roms should be flying out. And i agree with Garrett on this as well, once Cyanogen releases its build that when the usual rom makers will use cyanogen as a base then builds from that. Cyanogen is used from many other rom makers.

doublea500

Reaction score
I don't think enough people will still use the Droid as a phone when a Dec can finish a d1 ice rom. If it will come out it will be very buggy and will not be updated

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think enough people will still use the Droid as a phone when a Dec can finish a d1 ice rom. If it will come out it will be very buggy and will not be updated

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Lots of people will still use the D1. Its a cheap high quality device. lol, ebay the d1 or bet an alley like phone. hmmmm. :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lots of people will still use the D1. Its a cheap high quality device. lol, ebay the d1 or bet an alley like phone. hmmmm. :biggrin:

I just got my D1 back from my sister who upgraded to a 4s and I will be using this phone for testing different ROMs. Maybe there will be an ICS ROM, but who knows at this point. Hopefully CM9 comes out fairly soon, I recall them saying "check back in 2 months" .

Till then I gotta root this Droid as the update she downloaded made it lose root:angry:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my D1 back from my sister who upgraded to a 4s and I will be using this phone for testing different ROMs. Maybe there will be an ICS ROM, but who knows at this point. Hopefully CM9 comes out fairly soon, I recall them saying "check back in 2 months" .

Till then I gotta root this Droid as the update she downloaded made it lose root:angry:
Lol, thats funny, me personally id reflash a custom sbf anyway to get rid of the moto M on startup to something better so no matter what she sis it wouldnt really matter.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Liquid started working on an ICS ROM but I just asked him how it was going and he said "It's rough." I'll have the G-Nex before any dev can get an ICS ROM released(at least I hope I will) so at this point I'm not going to hold my breath but I will still own my OG so I'll definitely test them out as they get released(if ever).